Ford Mustang Forum banner

Would A Supercharger Added Into A 2002 Mustang 3.8L V6 Engine Make A Big Difference?

24K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  ESG-642T 
#1 ·
If I wanted to add a supercharger to a 2002 3.8L V6 engine, how much of a difference would it make? Will it make my engine roar?

#2 ·
Ya she will roar alright...and then burn up if you don't have the necessary mods leading up to a supercharger. I wouldn't put a supercharger in a stock engine but once you have the necessary mods it could give you an additional 50hp

#3 ·
Actually you can get a 11 Psi procharger kit from vmptuning. The kit is designed to be everything you need and will function properly on a stock car. of course its always nice to have some additional mods such as exhaust headers t-body and subframe connectors whenever considering a charger

#6 ·
You're gonna blow your car shiner? It'll be fun....:D

#5 ·
mmmm...superchargers. A procharger will actually net you more than 50 HP. A full kit will get you about 260 on 93 octane. You can run one with a stock motor if you take care of your car. I've got a Vortech with 9 psi on a completely stock motor and still purrs like a kitten.

#12 ·
I use to be that way too but I haven't had much time lately. procharger does put up some good numbers for a stock engine. it would be worth it. Plus the sight of an intercooler hiding behind the front bumper is just sick. yes I do need an intercooler (among many many many other things) for my car. And you do to with a supercharger behind it!! hahaha

#16 ·
See, your numbers tell the whole story-same as the old supercoupes. Decent tq, but no hp. That has to do with flow. The kit will increase both while making your hp/tq numbers closer together. I bet you could be close to 300hp, if not over, with just the H/C/I kit install and a proper tune.

Bring your car down and we can do the swap in a few hours then take it to Delk for the dynotune.

#17 ·
I'm hoping I get close. At least 285. I've had the SC on for about 2 months and I already want more!!

where are you at shiner? Kentucky? what is that an 11 hour drive from WI? I would seriously consider doing that!

#19 ·
Wouldn't be until next summer when I've got some money saved up. Only one big mod a year for me. :(

but i should be happy I can mod at all! :)

#23 ·
I'm getting a whooping 16-17 mpg! that's without a tune. I'm sure if i got a tuner, i'd be able to get better mpg and probably a few horses on top of that.

#22 ·
no too much work. The single ports have potential to make good power. you just have to get the right stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.