Ford Mustang Forum banner

arp studs?

601 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  b1lk1 
#1 ·
Curious if anyone knew where to get some I can't seem to find any for a v6. I have a 99, supercharged with the eaton m112, stripped the engine to turn it into a 4.3. Just looking for some better head bolts or studs

#2 ·
Your stock head bolts will be just fine, ive seen many turbos and supercharged v6 with out ARP studs or bolts that run just fine. As long as you are not putting an ungodly amount of boost, 15+ psi, then you will mostlikely be fine. Contact SSM since they sold you the 4.3 kit i bet and see what the recommend.

#3 ·
By stock you don't mean the ones that came off right? I believe they are not Re usable, and no ssm did not sell me anything lol I will never pay their prices. My adapter was so much less to make myself for the supercharger

#4 ·
I just mentioned them because they have the first 10 second v6 and its the same motor you just built. So they obviously know more about that then I or anyone else here on the thread. And i meant new stock replacements. Any headbolt nowadays are Torque To Yield. They are not reusable. Also, good luck finding a 4.3 crank anywhere else other than SSM. They are the only company who makes them. 4.2 cranks are what everyone else carries.

#6 ·
You are late to the V6 world, especially around here. There used to be numerous active members running single turbo's and no one ran SSM anything. It's not that SSM is bad, it is just expensive for what you gain.

There is a reason almost no one sells performance parts for the V6, takes a lot in supporting mods to get things working as they should. V6 was a rental fleet first car, it also kept the Mustang alive in the late 90's early 2000's when everyone was going towards 4-doors.

If you're still here after reading all this, I believe 302 head studs are the same length/threading. There are far better sites out there (V6power.net for one) to get this info than here. All the guys in the know on the V6 have left and most are there I believe.

Shine1stang, who was once a very active member here, has a 600HP single port V6 still running mostly stock top end, self ported and such. His dad does V6 work for a living and has a few big V6 HP cars.

TMA makes turbo kits for the V6. They are pricey, but dollar per dollar it is the best possible way to get any real power out of a V6. You will never crack 300HP (many have tried) to the wheels with a N/A V6 no matter what you do to it. With a proper single turbo, 350-400HP is very doable and safe on a stock 3.8 short block.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.