Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creaking noise when switching from Park to Reverse, Reverse to Drive, etc.

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  6stang02 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. This is my first post on here so not sure I'm posting in the right spot. Let me know if I am not. Anyway, I have a 2014 V6 Mustang Automatic. Today I noticed a weird creaking/sqeaking noise when I put the car in gear or switch from park to reverse, and reverse to drive, drive to neutral, etc. Anyone know what this could be?? Is it something that would generally be covered under warrantee?

Thanks a lot :)
Amber

#2 ·
the base warranty is 3/36. 3 years 36k miles. I would honestly take it in and get it fixed for free. However make sure your name is the name the warranty information used. Also if the piece is damaged by neglect, i.e. someone ran over a curb or caused something to scrape, speed bumps, and the causal part is damaged most dealers will not waranty it. With the concern that is present i doubt it was caused by damage, imho it sounds like a bushing has failed in the shift linkage or something to that extent. If it is under 36k then take it in, they will diagnose it and hopefully fix your concern. Good luck keep us posted.

By the way, you were close in which area to post, however this is the old school v6s, pre 4.0L. For new tech, i believe there is a thread for the 11-14s which will lead in better results. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.