Ford Mustang Forum banner

'99 3.8 Auto Mustang

485 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  GunnerSchenck 
#1 ·
There is a car being sold for $600 that I looked at today. The body and underneath looked good and it started right up after putting in a battery. What could be some causes after reading below? Thanks for any info or advice. The description was as follows:

The entire car is shaking in park, neutral, drive it doesnt matter. Took it to the ford dealer last week and they replaced a tranny mount but that didnt fix the shaking, the mechanic said it may be something with the crank pulley or internally but the only way to find out is to take it apart and find out. They also said that tranny fluid is leaking out at a pretty good rate. She has a total loss claim, but the frame of the car was never damaged it was the hood (chunk missing) the grill is cracked the bumper is cracked and the headlight mount is cracked, ive been driving her around like that for 6 years.

#2 ·
Seems odd with an insurance claim on it but they have been driving it like that for 6 years? the shaking could maybe be a fuel injection issue or something in that nature also. But with driving it and the shaking maybe a driveshaft issue? I would look it over real good and if its something that you can pull apart and fix or have the time and money go for it. If not I would walk away theres a reason for only being $600. You probably can find one with almost nothing wrong with it for another $2,000. Or take the gamble on that one. Me personally I would walk away from it and find something better instead of dumping money into something to hopefully get it on par with something else. With the insurance claim might also have a rebuilt title if that matters to you. Heck if you were closer to me and wanted a manual I have a 2000 3.8 with 84k miles on it for sale lol.

#3 ·
Where's that? How much? zing.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.