Ford Mustang Forum banner

Best camshaft for v6?

740 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  6stang02 
#1 ·
Hey guys! I'm wondering if any of you have put in an aftermarket camshaft for your 99-04 v6? I looking for a good one and am open to suggestions. I don't need a super high performance one, but am looking to get a little more power, not sacrifice too many mpg's, and to get a great sound.

#4 ·
Like i said, $1500est for a cam job, and you will only gain about 40hp 50tq. If you also get a cam you will need a tune for it to run properly. SSM said bama knew his cams and how to tune it so i got their tuner for 400 ontop of the engine repair. I went with their "lumpy" cam, bought their hardened pushrods and their instalation kit for roller rockers. I bought my roller rockers from amazon cause they were cheaper. When buying the installation kit use the nuts he sells. The ones that come with the rockers do not work.

Also one thing i didnt do was replace the lifters and it has been fine but i wouls recommend replacing the lifters while your in there, it will make it easier for you in the long run. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.