2003-2004 SVT Mustang Cobra Intercooler Upgrade - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009 Thread Starter
Official Site Sponsor

Exclamation 2003-2004 SVT Mustang Cobra Intercooler Upgrade

2003-2004 Mustang SVT Cobra Undercharger Intercooler Upgrade/Replacement.

These Units are $400 Less then the Factory FORD Motor Company Part! So why not upgrade while your replacing your leaking unit and SAVE BIG!!!!

The Intercoolers are Hand Crafted right here in the good old USA. They are all build to exceed ISO9001 Manufacturing standards and will out last and out perform any stock unit when combined with the correct supporting components!

When combined with the recommended components you can expect Much lower IAT's meaning less fuel and MORE POWER!! Due to the lower manufacturing standards of our competitions H/E's we cannot guarantee they will perform to the same levels as our "Super Cool" Package. With the "Super Cool" Package you can expect 90% efficiency or higher, depending on outside conditions and your engines HP, A/F & Current IAT's. Results will be much less when combined with lower quality H/E's and Stock Gaskets.

The Biggest Problem that faces every Modified Cobra is Heat Soaking. The average IAT's that we have seen even with an upgraded H/E, while still using the Stock Gaskets and Intercooler was around 90-100deg (F).

The reason that you cant get you IAT's down is because your Undercharger Intercooler is already Passed 90-100deg by the time you car is warmed up. Your coolant is at 170-210deg before you can even start your run to obtain your IAT Data. With that being said also keep in mind that your intake, Which the Intercooler is mounted to, is doing nothing more than sucking up as much heat as it can from its direct contact with your heads, which contains the 200deg coolant. When you factor that in with the fact that you Intercooler is attached to it and the fact that your Blower is Shooting Hot Air through the core, you can see why nobody seems to be able to get those IAT temperatures down to Ambient levels.

With the use of all of our recommended components you will finally be able to accomplish the "Impossible".

Everyone here at Velocity is focused on the most important factor when dealing with boost......EFFICIENCY!!!!!

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the Intercoolers or any of our other products!

Check out out H/E & Heat Shield Gasket Threads for more detailed information on what is included in our "Super Cool" Cobra Performance Package.

Get you "Super Cool" Package Today!!! Special AFM Member Only Pricing!!!

Stephen
Velocity Turbo Systems LLC
North Carolina, USA
(919) 239-4672 10am-8pm Mon-Sat EST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010
Rookie

this kit is a total waste of money. i just spent almost 700 to have it shipped to Canada only to find out that all kinds of cutting and modding need to be done. he wont send you any complete install pictures becasue of the butchery that will take place. you have to cut the hell out of the brackets to get them to fit over the oil cooler lines. and the hose inlet and outlets dont match up. its a complete scam. or its perfect if you want to butcher up the H/E on your cobra.

the only reason i joined this forum was to warn people about the heat exchanger kit for the 03-04 Cobras. its a total waste of money. i ended up ordering another H/E from Welcome to GordsFord Performance

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by termin8tor View Post
this kit is a total waste of money. i just spent almost 700 to have it shipped to Canada only to find out that all kinds of cutting and modding need to be done. he wont send you any complete install pictures becasue of the butchery that will take place. you have to cut the hell out of the brackets to get them to fit over the oil cooler lines. and the hose inlet and outlets dont match up. its a complete scam. or its perfect if you want to butcher up the H/E on your cobra.

the only reason i joined this forum was to warn people about the heat exchanger kit for the 03-04 Cobras. its a total waste of money. i ended up ordering another H/E from Welcome to GordsFord Performance
Andrew, from what you have posted you have contradicted what you have said with your own post," its a complete scam. or its perfect if you want to butcher up the H/E on your cobra." So how is it a scam? I personally have installed 5 of these kits, 3 were on 03/04 Cobra's, 2 Lightning's and one 08 GT500 with no problems at all other than the fitment issue with one of the 03/04 Cobra's but that was expected due to it having slight front end damage from a prior wreck. Everything that I have installed from VTS has fit great. But I do own a shop and had many years installing many different parts, maybe that has something to do with my installs going great. I personally find the installs to be pretty much straight forward and simple.

With all of the "aftermarket" and "direct bolt on" terms of "every manufacture" being used I have only ran across that happeing for me about 2% of the time. Not to make you sound like you are incompetient or anything but how long have you been modifying cars or in or around the aftermarket world?

Since I have installed 5 of these kit's, please describe to me what the problem or problems that you are having are and I "may" can help you out, but please keep in mind I do not have one of the customer's vheicles here. I will have to do this from memory. Like I said above after the install and about 2-3 weeks later after the installs I followed uop with my customers and the can feel the difference and see the difference on the dyno as well. I can vouch for 5 happy VTS customers.

I remember the 1st VTS kit that I installed on a customers 03/04 Cobra and it was alittle difficult do to all of the adjustments that I kept making to the HE brackets to get the perfect fit for my customer, and I actually liked all of the adjustability of the kit.

And a few words for the wise, don't join a public web site for the solely intended purpose to bash a vendor/manufacture. How would you like for people to join other sites that you are on just to bash/slam you? I for one wouldn't like for someone to do that to me. Just try to be more respectful and professional, that will carry you along way in life.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010 Thread Starter
Official Site Sponsor

Here is a copy of our Shipping and Return Policies. I highlighted all of the parts pertaining to this customers complaints. If he desired to return it he still had the option as stated in the BOLD section below. If you are past the 30 day window we will still accept returns in unused condition for an additional 10% in restocking fee's. This is standard practice for all performance manufacturers from AFCO to VTS Racing.

We do not accept returns due to buyers remorse or if you sold or wreaked your car or truck unless they fall under the Terms & Conditions implied by our shipping and return policies.

VTS Racing Shipping & Return Policy

Modified 7/18/2007
Welcome to Velocity Turbo Systems, LLC. We provide our services to you subject to the following conditions. If you visit or shop at Velocity Turbo Systems, LLC, you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully. In addition, when you use any current or future Velocity Turbo Systems, LLC service or visit or purchase from any business affiliated with Velocity Turbo Systems, LLC, whether or not included in the Velocity Turbo Systems, LLC Web site, you also will be subject to the guidelines and conditions applicable to such service or business.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS

All sales are final. Refunds will not be provided. Exchanges (only for manufacturer’s defects) must be done within 10 days of your initial purchase.
Any manufacturer defect returns require a Return Authorization Form (RAF). Returns will only be accepted with a prior RAF issued from Velocity Turbo Systems. If item(s) are sent to VTS without the proper form, they will be returned to the customer at their expense. A return authorization form and number is required for all warranty returns. You can obtain the required number by contacting us via email. Returns must be shipped prepaid by the customer. You can obtain the RAF and corresponding number by contacting us. There is a 25% restocking charge for returned parts and components when returned in unused condition within 30 days. All returns must have their original packing materials, boxes and paperwork. There are no refunds or returns on kits or special order/custom items.

Return the product in question direct to us along with your name, address, two phone numbers, RAF Number, and a copy of your sales receipt. Warranty cannot be considered without a copy of your sales receipt. If it is determined that the product was defective we will repair or replace the product (at our discretion) . Any item(s) which have been installed, pre-installed, cut, forced, altered, damaged or modified in any way will not be eligible for exchange.
SHIPPING POLICY

All shipments are made by Fed Ex, UPS or other carrier at our discretion. All shipments are made at ground shipment rates.
Shipping is not included on the price unless otherwise noted. There will be a $25 fee for drop shipping from outside manufacturers. If insurance or drop shipment is requested on any item, we will send you a paypal invoice for the additional charges.
DISCLAIMER AND LEGAL

Performance modifications are normally used to increase performance levels and can create additional risk of failure of various factory components. Customers purchasing or installing performance modifications on their vehicles accept and assume this risk completely. VTS does not assume any liability whatsoever for damage or other loss or expense in connection with the customers use of performance parts purchased by the customer. VTS turbo kits and other parts sold for racing or competition are warranted against manufacturers defects only. They are not warranted for wear or breakage under any circumstances other than those listed in a written warranty issued by VTS or other manufacturer of components supplied in systems sold by or through us. Any part which, in the sole opinion of VTS, shows evidence of being used or installed contrary to the manufacturers instructions, and/or subjected to improper handling, packaging, or shipping by the customer will not be eligible for exchange, refund or warranty consideration. VTS make no warranty as to the performance of any merchandise sold. VTS is not responsible for downtime, additional labor costs or any other damages

Stephen
North Carolina, USA
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010 Thread Starter
Official Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown92 View Post
Andrew, from what you have posted you have contradicted what you have said with your own post," its a complete scam. or its perfect if you want to butcher up the H/E on your cobra." So how is it a scam? I personally have installed 5 of these kits, 3 were on 03/04 Cobra's, 2 Lightning's and one 08 GT500 with no problems at all other than the fitment issue with one of the 03/04 Cobra's but that was expected due to it having slight front end damage from a prior wreck. Everything that I have installed from VTS has fit great. But I do own a shop and had many years installing many different parts, maybe that has something to do with my installs going great. I personally find the installs to be pretty much straight forward and simple.

With all of the "aftermarket" and "direct bolt on" terms of "every manufacture" being used I have only ran across that happeing for me about 2% of the time. Not to make you sound like you are incompetient or anything but how long have you been modifying cars or in or around the aftermarket world?

Since I have installed 5 of these kit's, please describe to me what the problem or problems that you are having are and I "may" can help you out, but please keep in mind I do not have one of the customer's vheicles here. I will have to do this from memory. Like I said above after the install and about 2-3 weeks later after the installs I followed uop with my customers and the can feel the difference and see the difference on the dyno as well. I can vouch for 5 happy VTS customers.

I remember the 1st VTS kit that I installed on a customers 03/04 Cobra and it was alittle difficult do to all of the adjustments that I kept making to the HE brackets to get the perfect fit for my customer, and I actually liked all of the adjustability of the kit.

And a few words for the wise, don't join a public web site for the solely intended purpose to bash a vendor/manufacture. How would you like for people to join other sites that you are on just to bash/slam you? I for one wouldn't like for someone to do that to me. Just try to be more respectful and professional, that will carry you along way in life.
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that You were very happy with our products and service.

-VTS Racing Staff-

Stephen
North Carolina, USA
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010
Rookie

I will deff be doing more business with VTS very soon. Thanks Again.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010
Rookie

Quote:

i say it like it is and i wish someone would have done the same for me. i appriciate the help you are offereing. this issue was....after i bought the kit he told me alot of guys are relocating the oil coolers ....well i dont want to relocate the oil cooler. so the only way to mount it would be to hack up the brackets...... you have to cut the to make them fit over the oil cooler lines. by the time your done cutting..... you'll have a fraction of the bracket remaining.

the worst part it.... youll be able to see it through the brake duct. have a look through your driver side brake duct.... you can see the oil cooler lines. it'll be a total eye sore. you would also be required to do the same on the passanger side to allow the coolant hoses to pass through the bracket. again.... no prior warning was given.

these are his words.
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 7:27 PM
Subject: Re: 03 cobra svt mustang

"You have to trim the backside of your brake cooling ducts and thats it. If you go to Home Depot you can get some spacers and then you can reverse the brackets like these guys did in the pics that I attached. you can also see how much larger the Heat Exchanger is when compared to the OEM junk."

just to make the sale.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010
Rookie

Quote:

just for ther record. if he would have warned me or even told me it would have been difficult like you stated in your above comments. i wouldnt have bought the kit. who the hell would spend 700 dollars to have a hard time installing it, when i could buy i direct bolt on kit with the same or better results with cooling.

i suggest you re-direct your comment about being more respectul and professional to the the dude who sold me a kit FULLY knowing it was going to take alot of modifying to install and hid that from me the consumer.

any respectable business wouldnt give customers false pictures or false messages making it seem like the install was a breeze, when you yourself said it was difficult.

again....these are his words cut from an e-mail he sent me when i 1st inquired about the kit. i wanted to make sure it was an easy bolt on...
Sent: Tues
day, December 08, 2009 7:27 PM
Subject: Re: 03 cobra svt mustang

"You have to trim the backside of your brake cooling ducts and thats it. If you go to Home Depot you can get some spacers and then you can reverse the brackets like these guys did in the pics that I attached. you can also see how much larger the Heat Exchanger is when compared to the OEM junk."

you proved it yourself with your comment.

"I remember the 1st VTS kit that I installed on a customers 03/04 Cobra and it was alittle difficult do to all of the adjustments that I kept making to the HE brackets to get the perfect fit for my customer"

he totally misinformed me just to make the sale

thanks for proving my point once again.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010
Rookie

[quote=Velocity Turbos;1889751]Here is a copy of our Shipping and Return Policies. I highlighted all of the parts pertaining to this customers complaints. If he desired to return it he still had the option as stated in the BOLD section below. If you are past the 30 day window we will still accept returns in unused condition for an additional 10% in restocking fee's. This is standard practice for all performance manufacturers from AFCO to VTS Racing.

im sure standard practice dosent include selling junk that dosent fit the car its intended for, or claiming certian products will slide right on with a quick trim, when major modifying is needed.

i have a Whipple....KB boost a pump 90mm mass air flow. 60 lb injectors steeda frame connectors .... kvr 2 pc rotors Brembo calipers FR500 rims slp exhaust and many other products on my car. all of those products were ment for my car ....installed onto my car just like they were ment to go on.

none of them needed to be modified to fit. none of them showed me pictures of half instalations and none of them made me believe minor adjustments were needed when major modifying was actually necessary.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
281 , 4.6 , afco , c&r , cobra , dohc , eaton , exchanger , ford , gaskets , griffin , heat , intercooler , lfp , lightning , mustang , roush , roushcharger , saleen , sohc , supercharger , svt , whipple

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page