Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - FRPP GTA'S installed yesterday - lousy factory clamps but nice axle-back system
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2008 Thread Starter
runner3264
Apprentice

FRPP GTA'S installed yesterday - lousy factory clamps but nice axle-back system

I decided I wanted and little throatier and louder exhaust. So many to choose from, SLP's, Stingers, etc. My decision was totally based on zero drone yet great sound. I have to say I was very pleased with how they sound. They will be getting a bit louder once I put some more time on them. The only thing that I would suggest to anyone that plans on installing them. Throw away the crappy soft 1 bolt c-clamps that they give you and buy some u-clamps. You'll save yourself time and aggrevation, trust me. No matter how tight I tightened the factory style clamps the pipes were still loose. It was a very simple install yet the clamps pissed me off. I went out and got regular u-clamps and that did the trick. Nice and tight. Zero movement. If any of you guys used the ones that came with the axle-back you might want to see if they are tight. I was able to twist the pipes when tightened. They also were uneven. With the new clamps they are nice and straight and the 4" tips are the best looking out there!

08 MuStAnG GT Coupe Vista Blue
MT/3:55 gears/EDELBROCK E-FORCE SUPERCHARGER WITH COMPETITION AIR KIT/FRPP GTA's/Axle-Exchange Aluminum Drive shaft/BMR Safety Loop/Amsoil 0w-20/14" Shorty antenna

490 RWHP
477 TRQ

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome