Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - What should i do to protect my 2008 mustang during winter and winter driving???
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2008
06Roadstarman
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I feel for you Jeff. It really depends on how much snow you get in your area and how the roads are treated as a result. If it is salt, you will need to rinse the undercarriage out often to slow down the development of rust. Notice I said slow down....you won't eliminate it. Alternatively, you can perhaps get your undercarriage treated.....better yet do it yourself so you know it gets good coverage. It won't be cheap but it will be the best protection for the steel. Even if you do treat the undercarriage, rinse the salt away often.

Your interior is probably going to take a beating. Salt and sand will be brutal on you carpet. You will definitely want to put in a plastic/rubber mat in the front that will catch most of the particles. Otherwise, vacuum, vacuum, vacuum so that the sand and salt don't get trapped in the carpet.

You could always move south as a last resort!

Good Luck.

2008 Vapor Metallic GT Premium - 5 Spd, IUP, GTAP, Pypes Violators, 17" Aftermarket Wheels (Black/Polished), 8" Shorty Antenna, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Tinted Windows, GT500 Pedals, Pony Tri-bar Mats, CHE LCAs, Mag B-out Panel, GT Pony Dead Pedal, Smoked LED 3rd Brake Lt., Blkd-out turn sigs w/Stealth Bulbs, Projector HLs, Xenon 1/4 Window Lvrs, Splash Guards , Sequentials.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome