Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - SCT X Cal 3 Tuner Questions...
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2009
Markstang
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garity92 View Post
Hey does anybody here have the SCT X Cal 3 tuner? and if you do, what kind of performance gains did you see with 93 octane? I have an 01 v6 automatic w/true dual flowmaster 40's, h pipe, and CAI. Im probably gonna get 3.73 gears and t-lock installed so i figured i might as well get a tuner to go with it. I know that the tuner will firm up shifts, increase fuel mileage and add hp to my car, but is it really worth it? And they say it has user adjustment but i wouldnt want to adjust the wrong thing. Is it pretty straight forward or what? Sorry, I dont really know much about custom tuners and I cant seem to the information that i want, other than "you'll love it" haha. Thanks in advance.
well you'll probably end up getting a gain of about 15-20hp with your cai and exhaust.. that plus the gears and t-lock will make it feel like a completely different car.. get the SCT X3 i think it is.. the one with the custom tune.. not the 3 preloaded tunes since those are based on a stock mustang... you'll feel the biggest gain with a custom one since they adjust for some mods... but i thought it was definitely worth it...i have a 91 octane tune from american muscle

2003 3.8L V6 4R70W
Windstar Upper Intake with cool-air intake, MAC LT headers, BBK O/R H-pipe, and flow 40s, SCT tuner, FRPP Alum. D/S, 3.73 gears, Auburn HP limited slip, and Team Z LCAs, Eibach sway bars.
Best 1/4 time: 15.036 @90.92mph, 2.148 60'

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome