Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

headlight question

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  CrzyHorse 
#1 ·
I'm considering a facelift for a v6 mustang to use the gt500 front. Its an expensive change but I think we can all agree the look is worth it. One question though. I like the look of halo headlamps. I also like the added visability they provide for my car. Is there such a thing as halo headlamps that fit a gt500?

#2 ·
do you know they memeber on here forum name is sqidd. He might pop in here if he sees this thread.

He did a hole gt500 front swap and it looks really good. He can tell you where to purchase everything from for it and the part #s.

Goodluck it will make your pony look nice!:bigthumbsup

#3 ·
good call. I'll probobly pm squibb when it comes to to pull the trigger on this. He and I are in the same area :)

looks like there is no premade gt500 halo option, so now I'm looking at making them. from pictures it looks like the reflector area is not a complete circle, is that a trick of the eye or is there a flat edge? also, can any one tell me the outside diameter of the reflector area? and how sealed up is it?

#4 ·
gt500

look at my thread, just finished my swap gt to gt500 front. no halo headlights, its not a honda its a mustang even tho urs is a v6 lol

#5 ·
look at my thread, just finished my swap gt to gt500 front. no halo headlights, its not a honda its a mustang even tho urs is a v6 lol
What does that mean?:so

#6 ·
I think he's saying halo's are for ricers. He's wrong, but thats what hes saying.

#7 ·
I dont get the V6 part is he saying having a V6 is ricer too?

#12 ·
1) I like the way the mustang looks, I like the way the 500 looks better. I can't afford a 500 new or used but I can afford the look. Why is it inherently ricer(wrong) to spend money to improve the look of your car? The idea that unless it makes it go faster its not worth doing is moronic. Fallowing that logic why bother to paint your car? The paint doesn't make it go faster and you could spend that money on a performance mod? Why bother to do the conversion to your GT? You could get even more power in that GT for the price of a conversion.

2) A GT is a great track car for its price, but if you never want to take your car to a track then you over payed. The v6 with some tunes and power mods can be just as quick as a gt in the 0-90 range and be more effective doing it. Since I will spend 90% of my time in traffic I will never be able to utilize the extra power of a gt.

3) Halo's do more then look different. Yes its a look I like and you might not, but it also adds to the visibility of the car at dusk. Something I feel I need in my area, especially since my car is black and damaged conversion parts will need to be replaced out of pocket.

So I thank you to keep your irrational close minded opinions to yourself.

#13 ·
1) I like the way the mustang looks, I like the way the 500 looks better. I can't afford a 500 new or used but I can afford the look. Why is it inherently ricer(wrong) to spend money to improve the look of your car? The idea that unless it makes it go faster its not worth doing is moronic. Fallowing that logic why bother to paint your car? The paint doesn't make it go faster and you could spend that money on a performance mod? Why bother to do the conversion to your GT? You could get even more power in that GT for the price of a conversion.

2) A GT is a great track car for its price, but if you never want to take your car to a track then you over payed. The v6 with some tunes and power mods can be just as quick as a gt in the 0-90 range and be more effective doing it. Since I will spend 90% of my time in traffic I will never be able to utilize the extra power of a gt.

3) Halo's do more then look different. Yes its a look I like and you might not, but it also adds to the visibility of the car at dusk. Something I feel I need in my area, especially since my car is black and damaged conversion parts will need to be replaced out of pocket.

So I thank you to keep your irrational close minded opinions to yourself.
You got my support...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.