Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Best Time for the Bullitt

1K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  04sonicbluegt 
#1 ·
I've been holding out on posting this for almost a month now, because I wanted to get back to the track and beat it before I posted up, because I'm still getting the hang of launching at the track with the 4.10's. But it doesn't look like I'm going to get back to the track until around March/April so here it is:

12.91 at 104.9 with a soft 1.79 60ft time :bigthumbsup

#2 ·
I know people are going to ask, so here's the actual mods it took for me to get in the 12's with a bone stock engine and transmission:

BFG Drag Radials with 17lbs of air
HPM Megabite SRs with pinion angle set to -2
Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar
MGW Shifter
Tunable Induction CAI
VMP Mail Order Tune
UPR off-road X pipe
Weld in Flowmasters

#4 ·
Thats awesome pal!! I can't wait to get mine to the track.:bigthumbsup

#5 ·
sounds like a good time, bet you had a blast :)

#8 ·
Yeah, that's my car in the avatar, it's just Dark Highland Green. Thanks for the heads up about my profile, I do need to do that.

#9 ·
Nice, getting power to the ground through 4.10's is a delicate balance.

Think about some more intake mods over the winter. An uppler plenum and throttle body won't gain you much peak power but they will pick up a few ponies on the bottom end and sharpen your throttle response a good bit.

#10 ·
I don't think I need an upper plenum, and my throttle body is a lot larger than I'll need until I go to a supercharger:winks

I have a Bullitt, remember........;)

Attachments

#11 ·
Oh yeah, forgot we were talking about a Bullitt. Sorry, I'm still swimmyheaded from 3 12 hours days topped off by 4 hours of sleep last night.

#15 ·
Congrats on breaking into the 12s man! Got any videos? Shaving a half a second on your first shot!!!!!! Makes me want to reconsider my 3.73s, haha. I plan on going FI later though.

#16 ·
There were a few other changes other than adding the 4.10's that contributed. I took everything out of the trunk, the passenger's and rear seats out, which were there last time when I ran the 13.34. I also reset my pinion angle to make it less aggressive, and changed from the 135% to the 85% setting on my Megabite SR's which improved traction a lot. While the BFG's were aired down, I put the stock wheels on the front with a set of 215/50's on an 8" rim:yelwacko: aired up to 50lbs.
I also took out my CAI, and was running no passenger's side headlight, so the air was blowing straight into the MAF sensor, no filter was there.

So, while the majority of the gain was swapping from 3.27's to 4.10's, I did everything I could to make sure I got that 12 second slip.:shigrin

#17 ·
And your trap speed went up like 2.8mph which is sweet. I bet you could a 12.7/6. I think thats the first 2V ive seen hit 12's without cams/longtubes. Thats impressive man.

#18 ·
For around here, it's not really that impressive, I guess. A buddy of mine with a GT with basically the same mods as I have, except he has throttle body and plenum has run almost identical times as I have all the way down the list, since him and I bought our cars at around the same time, and have modded at the same rate, pretty much.

When I was running 13.60, he was running 13.64. When I went down to a 13.34, he ran a 13.40. Since then we've kind of went different ways, I went 4.10's, he went 3.73's, so it'll be interesting to see the difference. I also installed a panhard bar, he didn't, but I don't know if that makes any difference at the 1/4 mile.

I also expect that once the weather starts to warm up, and I lose my negative DA, I'll be a bit slower if I don't continue to mod. -1200ft DA makes for some nice runs.........:bigthumbsup

#19 ·
Still hitting 12.9 @ 105mph is still really good bro. Theres still a lot more in it. And you got a 1.74 60foot thats sick for drag radials. I definatley see you hitting 12.7 or 12.6. Nevermind with longtubes and cams. Youll be deep 11's for sure with some M.T's

#20 ·
awesome time with the Bullitt man, I can't wait to get mine back out to the track and see what my new drag radials will get me. Probably won't hit twelves since i have 3.73 gears and not 4.10's like you, best i can do i drive it like i stole it lol.

#21 ·
I'm ready to get mine back to the track again too. Even though I haven't done anything to it, it's cooled off a bunch here in GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.