Ford Mustang Forum banner

Foxbody 2.3L Fuel Injector Recommendation?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RickinTN 
#1 ·
Hey all. I'm just looking for a recommendation from the collective wisdom we have here. My daily driver is my 1989 LX 2.3L coupe. I am thinking about taking a Saturday this spring and cleaning out the intake and replacing the fuel injectors along with my routine tune up. I'm just wondering if there is a recommendation on the better fuel injector brand. Of course this is not for a high performance mod so I am just looking at stock replacements, but even so I don't want to buy junk. I believe the Motorcraft ones are CM4347 but they are hard to find. The main offerings I see on multiple sites are either the Standard Motor Products or the NAPA Echlin ones as far as being able to get a rail pack. Those two could be the same injector for all I know. Any good or bad words for those two brands? Or any other brands for a low # injector I should check out?

Thanks!

#2 ·
MC are actually the best...and they are easily available for a good price at Rockauto…..and if they aren't bad, keep what ya got...….if you think they might do good for a cleaning (no major clogs), then just add 1/2 oz per gallon of gas of acetone to the tank. as far as cleaning the intake, well, yes, a quick shot of intake spray (such as BG intake cleaner) is a good thing but just a quick shot...anything more is just a waste.

#3 ·
Might I suggest having your stock injectors professionally cleaned/rebuilt/flow tested and calibrated. I had the browntops in my 2.3 rebuilt by them and I'm completely satisfied! $25 per injector with a 24 hour turnaround time. Check 'em out.
RC Fuel Injector servicing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.