Carb to EFI 2.3L mini stock - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006 Thread Starter

Carb to EFI 2.3L mini stock

About a year ago I asked about putting EFI on my ministock (getting tired of getting beat by NEONs and Saturns). Someone tried it and gave up. At the time I didn't think it would pay off, but now there are some rules that change for EFI. Plus I bought a new ministock so I don't have to worry about a rush job.
What I have now: Head shave .150" for high compression. .485" lift cam, headers and a 350 Holley Carb. I usually run about 7100 RPM.

New rules for Ford EFI at our track: MUST be a stock throttle body off a Ford 4 cyl. ECM must plug into stock plug (Meaning an aftermarket is allowed if it fits into the stock wiring harness). MUST have stock fuel injectors off a FORD 4 cyl. Can have a 1" spacer plate.

Can anybody lead me in the right direction to get a EFI 2.3 to run about 8000 RPM without getting lean?
I'd appreciate any help. If research goes well I'll try to keep everyone updated. Nobody had yet to do a successfull EFI ministock but I believe it can be done.

Thanks

Don #73

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009
Rookie

dont know if this can do you any good but i have a 1990 ranger 2.3 no distributor 8 plugs i put 17lb injectors in it an it runs well upto 6300rpm with no problems on gettin lean... should be able to get more out of it with larger injectors

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page