Replacement Fuel Level Sending Unit for Ford Racing Twin Fuel Pumps - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Replacement Fuel Level Sending Unit for Ford Racing Twin Fuel Pumps

Does anyone know if the stock 2007 - 2009 Shelby GT500 fuel level sending unit will fit with the Ford Racing twin pump kit for my 2007 Mustang GT? Currently finished a full turbo build and am down to installing the fuel pump and then the boost controller. I was able to find a used fuel pump kit (Ford Racing Part #: M-9407-GT05) with everything except the fuel level sending unit. The pump has claimed to have 2000 miles on it, would anyone assume this is still a good pump to use even if all 2000 miles were track miles (which may or may not be the case).

Thank you all!

Build List:
Siemens Deka 80lb/hr Fuel Injectors
Ford Racing Lightweight Steel Flywheel
Mcleod Racing Super Street Pro Clutch
Mcleod Racing Super Street Pro Pressure Plate
Exedy Hydraulic Throwout Bearing/Slave Cylinder
SR Performance Chrome Strut Tower Brace
ARP2000 Cylinder Head, Connecting Rod, Main and Side Cap Bolts
MMR 1500 HP Forged Steel Racing 4.75L Stroker Crankshaft (8 bolt) (Balanced by MMR)
MMR 4340 Forged H-beam Rods
MMR by Manley 4340 Forged Pistons (Lowered Compression from 9.8:1 to 9.3:1)
ARP Crankshaft/Balancer Bolt
MMR 2000HP Hurricane Billet Oil Pump Gears
MMR 3V Race Spec Timing Chain Guides and Wear Strips
Ford Performance High Performance Dual Fuel Pump Kit
MMR 3V Camshaft Phaser Lockouts
DiabloSport Trinity T-1000 Tuner
On3 Turbo 76mm Ball-bearing Turbo
JLT V3 Oil Seperator
COMP Cams Custom Grind Camshaft Set
COMP Cams Valve Beehive Springs
COMP Cams Steel Valve Spring Retainers
SR Performance Slot-Style Mass Air Flow Meter
BBK Fuel Rail Kit

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine Bay.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	651.4 KB
ID:	564185   Click image for larger version

Name:	Piping.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	595.8 KB
ID:	564193  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Pretty sure the fuel pump in the 07-09 Shelby is the same as the one in the Ford Racing M-9407-GT05 kit. I just finished a Fore Innovations fuel hat install and I needed to remove the level sender from the fuel pump in my M-9407-GT05 kit to put on the Fore hat. I live in Canada and when I tried pricing just the GT500 level sender from Ford it was sticker shock for sure. Was going to be over $300 with taxes for just the sender.

2008 GT/CS Auto Mods Courtesy: AeroForce, Agent 47, Air Lift Performance, American Racing Headers, Auto Meter, Axle Exchange, Baer, BMR Suspensions, CPC, Canton, Covercraft, Cervini's Auto Design, DaSilva Racing, DiabloSport, FRPP, Fore Precision, JLT Perf, Kirban Perf, Lube Locker, Magnaflow, Maximum Motorsports, Moroso, Nitto, Performance Automatic, Pioneer, Raxiom, Royal Purple, Russell Perf, SCT, Shelby Perf Parts, SOS, Stack Racing, Steeda, StopTech, TA Perf, TCI Auto, UPR & Vortech
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2 View Post
I live in Canada and when I tried pricing just the GT500 level sender from Ford it was sticker shock for sure. Was going to be over $300 with taxes for just the sender.

I'm looking to get one for my M-9407-GT05 kit as well, as I bought it used and it broke on it's way out apparently. I called Ford last week being located in Canada as well, and was also informed of the $320 price tag to get one manufactured in Mexico, and then wait 4 to 6 weeks before it even shows up. Pretty disappointed in Ford on that behalf, couldn't believe it when I was told there wasn't even one in any North American dealership.

Does anyone know where I can source one of these? Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in