This is crap! - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

This is crap!

Sorry if this is well known info already but I just received some new tunes from BAMA/AM and they said they can't turn off the O2 sensors anymore as of 2018. So I have to drive around with a CEL. WTF?

2005 Satin Silver GT
JLT CAI w/Lito Tune
American Thunder Flowmasters w/X-pipe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018
PONY Member

Because "they" can't do it, doesn't mean you can't.

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Must be some new EPA regulation that just went into affect, and they'll spend their life in the dungeon for environmental criminals if they do it.

I assume you have no catalytic converters and that's why it is a problem. That has been illegal per federal law for a long time, better hope the environmental police don't catch up with you or you'll be in the dungeon too, LOL.

I don't think this is one of the settings that you can easily access yourself in the tuner, but it's worth a look. Go in to the tuner as if you were going to load a tune, and go in to the "adjust parameters" screen and see if it is listed in there. If yes, turn it off and then load the tune.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Now that I think of it I remember some settings option when I put the previous tune on which I just ignored. Hope that is the way it is again.

2005 Satin Silver GT
JLT CAI w/Lito Tune
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018
PONY Member

Hmmm... must be real recent. I just got a tune revision last week. And my initial tune was made in February a few days before I installed my LT's and O/R H pipe.

2006 GT- Airaid Race CAI, 62mm BBK TB, SR Performance UD Pullies, FRPP Hot Rod Cams, CMDP's, Excedy Stage One Clutch and lightweight flywheel, Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with matching O/R H-Pipe & MBRP Street Axlebacks, Lito 91 Octane Tune
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Well that is even more BS.

2005 Satin Silver GT
JLT CAI w/Lito Tune
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

The problem is that regulations are ever tightening to reduce harmful NOx emissions, so deleting the cats could eventually become illegal in all states. The reason an offroad midpipe is described as such is pretty obvious.

2006 GT Deluxe - 5MT - 12.52 @ 109.33
314rwhp 330rwtq with basic bolt-ons
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Im not surprised that this is what its come to. They should no longer sell cat less pipes then, no?

2005 Satin Silver GT
JLT CAI w/Lito Tune
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018
GT Member

Off-road vehicles aren't held to the same emissions requirements as road cars, so it would be grossly unfair to remove catless systems from the market entirely while there are still legitimate applications for them. Parts manufacturers and retailers have no control over whether their systems are installed legally, so a lot of the burden rests on shops who touch the emissions systems or re-certify vehicles for road use. Tampering or defeating emissions systems remains federally illegal in all US states, but not all states have regular inspections, so everyone has to decide for themselves whether or not they're willing to risk getting caught. The risk is higher for shops, who can be fined several thousand dollars per violation. At any rate, retailers are more than happy to turn a profit selling these products, as all they have to do is warn the customer that the product is "for off-road use only". The rest is out of their hands, and it's up to the customer/installer to ensure that the parts only end up on vehicles that are only operated on race tracks, farms, backyards, etc.
HuntingKy likes this.

1995 Mustang GT (5.0), daily driver
1995 GMC C2500 (5.7), alternate daily driver
GT Member

Bama special

Current:
2007 Mustang GT 5-speed 3.31 gears, Hidden Hitch Receiver, Barton Short Throw, JBA LTs, Borla Touring Axle Back, and Lito tuned SCT X4. BMR SP009, KYB Shocks & Struts, J&M CC plates, J&M LCAs. 4 Piston Brembos
255/45ZR18 front 295/40ZR18 rear
Department of Boost GT450 with 2011 GT500 M122, TB, & CAI | 13/14 GT500 HE & IWP | GT500 dual pumps | FRPP 52lb | CMS Stage 2 Blower Cams | Comp Springs & Retainers | AEM boost & wideband | 8 rib conversion | Track Spec GT500 Vents
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee910 View Post
Bama special
yeah, I guess it's all part of becoming a big company, and acting like a big company :-)

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Did you guys see that American Muscle is selling Brenspeed tunes now?

2005 Satin Silver GT
JLT CAI w/Lito Tune
PONY Member

LOL My wife's 66 doesn't even have to pass emissions testing.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capper View Post
seriously? no I hadn't seen that . . . that might be pretty cool if they still honor the old "free tunes for life" memberships . . . so, will Brenspeed disable the rear O2's if you ask them to?

MACH I Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capper View Post
Seriously? I guess there have been so many complaints about the BAMA tunes that American Muscle has decided to dump them.

2006 GT Deluxe - 5MT - 12.52 @ 109.33
314rwhp 330rwtq with basic bolt-ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page