Finally in for the airbag swap - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JetBlack

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Finally in for the airbag swap

Since stuff still gets done even though I procrastinate, I keep procrastinating...

I wish I could replace my steering wheel with an air bag-free version. It's not so much that I'm against airbags, I just think they make the steering wheel ugly. A nice three-spoke would be great

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3-spoke.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	604997  

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Especially since I wear my seat belt all the time. It's such a habit I've caught myself putting it on to pull the car out of the garage or when I'm backing it off the ramps after an oil change.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018
Apprentice

You could always swap your steeling wheel out for that three spoke and just wear a full-face helmet while you drive. It's all about priorities.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWatson View Post
You could always swap your steeling wheel out for that three spoke and just wear a full-face helmet while you drive. It's all about priorities.

I'd even vote for a law that said the only way you can swap your airbag wheel for one without is if you have a 4-point racing harness. :-) Oh darn. Now I need a harness... :-) As far as I know I can't swap wheels I believe if it came with an airbag, I think I have to leave it with an airbag [barf]
SirWatson likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page