Mileage differences - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Mileage differences

Hi There,

I was lucky enough - it is luck in Europe - to find a Bullitt Instrument Cluster for my GT 2006. I did the swap, everything is cool but it is not showing -obviously- the right mileage. It does not really bother me, I informed my insurance company about the swap., but it has a mileage lower than my previous one. Here in Europe the Ford services are not able to correct such - at least that is what they say....

...so I have to find alternatives. I tried Forscan but it only reads the IC Mileage but not the PCM/ECU ... I don't even know where it is stored additionally. Was great though to turn of the TPMS Error

Do you happen to know, with what tool or what software are we able to do that? I could ask the Ford Services here, if they have such software or reader, or whatever.

I am not gonna sell the car or anything, but I want to be able to increase the IC's mileage to reflect the correct KM...

You can even PM me... I don't really want to send my tacho to the US from EU...

Thanks guys!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Besides looking here for help, which you might get eventually, I'd contact Ford Motor Company here to see if they have any insight.
https://www.ford.com/help/contact/
Hope this helps.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandGT View Post
Besides looking here for help, which you might get eventually, I'd contact Ford Motor Company here to see if they have any insight.
https://www.ford.com/help/contact/
Hope this helps.
Yeah, I am trying that method as well but they won't help me cause I am not located in the US.
Tough luck I guess right?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019
GT Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Personally, I wouldn't have said anything to the insurance company IMHO. I would have just noted the mileage from the old IC, then when installing the new IC, note its mileage the add from there, maybe taken pics of each on R/R. here in the states, the insurance companys only care about mileage driven per year so they can charge X amount. someone who drives 12K a year is gonna pay more than someone who drives less than 3K for example. I wouldn't worry to much about it aside from that. good luck

Lots of bolt on goodies...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page