Ford Mustang Forum banner

Flashing engine light but turned off after little

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Bullitt95 
#1 ·
Car started feeling forced for quick few mins and was idling hard when I let go of gas
Flashing engine light
Turned off and car felt normal again after few seconds of that
Any idea what it could be?

The light is completely off now and car feels fine
I recently replaced both camshaft sensors cause I had felt hard idles few weeks ago and car felt like it wanted to turn off as well as hesitation but after changing both sensors it felt normal up until now

Car has new transmission, everything electrical is new, new coolant system, new sparks, new throttle body
Everything but the sparks and camshaft sensors was done by dealer

#2 ·
It sounds like it was misfiring. That happened to me about a month ago, it started running rough for about 30 seconds and the check engine light was flashing. I pulled off the road while it was doing that and plugged in the OBDII scanner and it came up as a cylinder 7 misfire. Mine hasn't happened again yet and I don't know the cause, but the symptoms sounds just like yours.

#3 ·
If you dont have a scanner, go to Autozone or just about any retail auto parts store and have the codes scanned. Even though the CEL isnt currently lit there are probably still pending codes and old codes in the log.

#5 ·
I'm not too sure about what the scanner is telling you. I googled H02S and found information of the O2 sensor heaters, but I'm not sure if the scanner is telling yuou there is something wrong with them or just checking.

You mentioned having all the new parts. Did this start immediately after the work was done or had you been driving a little while before the hesitation or misfiring started?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.