07 GT transmission - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

07 GT transmission

My automatic transmission went out in D and R. 1-3 still worked. Having it rebuilt. Shop said it was completely done. 137k miles. Had some erratic shifts and clunking when shifting from reverse to drive over the years. I bought it new in 07 and have dogged it every day. In January I put on a CAI, XTC tuner and new exhaust. Otherwise it’s stock. I’m concerned the tune might have caused problems or finished it off. Any thoughts on if I should keep the tune on or remove it? Heard anything about this being a problem or did I just wear it out with my driving style? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
BOSS Member

IMHO, tunes (real-not mail order) are fine as long as they do modify the tranny programming......

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

Garage
Probably your driving style, if it is anywhere like mines. I had some issues with my 2007 also. Had it rebuilt several times after 140,000 miles. Ford also had a TSB issued on that trans.
Ford TSB Article # 09-12-12

Issue
Some 2005-2009 Mustangs equipped with a 5R55S automatic transmission may experience shifting concerns. A loss of 2nd, 3rd, and 5th gear - may have overdrive band or intermediate band failures due to servo pin case bore wear, causing reduced apply pressure.

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page