2009 Mustang gt help! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
2009 Mustang gt help!

Hey guys the bottom of my fuse box got burnt because of a faulty radiator cooling fan and now I need a new fuse box. Will any 05 through 09 fuse box work on my 2009 gt? in the pic attached ya'll can see what happened.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190906_174605 (1).jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1,001.2 KB
ID:	611393  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

There should be a part number embossed on the plastic box. If you can find a used one one with the same part number don't take for granted the pins are the same application.

So, I would push the connectors out of the replacement fuse box so you have empty holes and then one and one-by-one transfer the connectors from the burnt fuse box to the replacement fuse box.

If any of the connectors(s) are burnt beyond use on the damaged fuse box, use one of the connectors with enough pig tail from the donor fuse box to solder the wire(s) and then seal using shrink tube..

Did you fix the cause with the fan?

----------------------------
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEZ ST View Post
There should be a part number embossed on the plastic box. If you can find a used one one with the same part number don't take for granted the pins are the same application.

So, I would push the connectors out of the replacement fuse box so you have empty holes and then one and one-by-one transfer the connectors from the burnt fuse box to the replacement fuse box.

If any of the connectors(s) are burnt beyond use on the damaged fuse box, use one of the connectors with enough pig tail from the donor fuse box to solder the wire(s) and then seal using shrink tube..

I replaced the fan, the resistor and the relay that it has so hopefully it dosent happen again. Im just having a really hard time finding a used fuse box and that plastic that is shown in the pic above from a 2009. There are a lot of 2008 and 2007 in salvage yards near me but im not sure that they'll work on my car.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
I replaced the fan, the resistor and the relay that it has so hopefully it dosent happen again. Im just having a really hard time finding a used fuse box and that plastic that is shown in the pic above from a 2009. There are a lot of 2008 and 2007 in salvage yards near me but im not sure that they'll work on my car.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019
GT Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Garage
https://www.s197forum.com/threads/co...melted.106834/

I bookmarked a thread that had step by step pics and info to add relays to the high and low fan. I just checked and it has since been lost or no longer supported. credit to other forum member. good luck

Lots of bolt on goodies...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEZ ST View Post

I did what u said and it worked thanks a lot, hopefully it dosent happen again

Last edited by alxo123; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:46 PM. Reason: ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page