Car doesnt wanna start any help would be great... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Car doesnt wanna start any help would be great...

Hey guys im new to the website but came here seeking for some help.... I dont have the extra money to pay a mechanic, an im hoping to fix this problem myself with a little bit of help.. im running out of ideas, just recently my 06 gt started to have a few problems then just stopped running all of a sudden! An right before it died on me, it started missing real bad an backfiring an had a really rough idle, so i had someone come check it out an they told me it was my fuel pump because it hardly had any pressure an had backflow right back into the tank.. So i replaced the fuel pump assembly an fuel filter an it fixed my fuel pressure problem but car still doesn't wanna start... sometimes it will kick over for about 5 seconds but just dies out again and i know its getting fuel an spark so im clueless as to what else it could be, i know a week before it just died it would have a small miss but would clear out in higher rpms im possibly thinking it could be the fuel pressure sensor or maybe crankshaft sensor but im not sure, an i dont have the money to just start guessing.. It did have a code thrown but when i reset my computer it cleared it out an i cant keep the car running long enough for it to throw another code.. any ideas would be greatly appreciated, an car has 133xxx miles if that helps... Car does have a few aftermarket parts has a jlt serious 3 cai an has comp cams stage 2 nsr, an bbk longtubes into a xpipes with catt deletes.. Has been dyno tuned as well.. Did find out my mass air flow sensor is metled could that possibly be keeping my car from starting... But i hear that you can run a car without a maf sensor, but im clueless just looking for some honest answers thanks in advance for the help...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019
Rookie

Garage
If your MAF sensor is not working I would replace that first as it is very important so that the car knows how much air is going into the engine. I know it's normally $100, but if you know for sure it's bad, definitely replace it.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yea so can a bad maf sensor cause a no start even with it being unplugged?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
Rookie

Garage
I haven't experienced it that bad myself, but from what I've researched, not having a MAF could cause enough trouble to keep the engine from running.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
Rookie

I don't know about a mustang, but it definitely kept my Toyota Tacoma from starting. (MAF)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Well i swapped out the maf an it didn't change anything... Im possibly thinking its my fuel pressure sensor, i dont smell any gas going to my other fuel rail an i can blow air threw the line
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkillerxnatedog View Post
. . . out my mass air flow sensor is metled could that possibly be keeping my car from starting... ...

there is a clue here -- did you mean "melted" and if so, why did it melt?

the other clue is, something changed -- that narrows it down to things that wear out, or clog, etc.

it is going to be very hard to sort out with all those mods, sorry but that's all I got

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

I believe i found the issue! Not sure yet but i believe my fuel rail sensor could be going bad could this cause a no start? But its not the orginal motorcraft it has a bosch fps an wouldn't think this could go bad so quick.. Im gonna assume the previous owners changed it out..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page