Ford Mustang Forum banner

Car doesnt wanna start any help would be great...

895 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  xkillerxnatedog 
#1 ·
Hey guys im new to the website but came here seeking for some help.... I dont have the extra money to pay a mechanic, an im hoping to fix this problem myself with a little bit of help.. im running out of ideas, just recently my 06 gt started to have a few problems then just stopped running all of a sudden! An right before it died on me, it started missing real bad an backfiring an had a really rough idle, so i had someone come check it out an they told me it was my fuel pump because it hardly had any pressure an had backflow right back into the tank.. So i replaced the fuel pump assembly an fuel filter an it fixed my fuel pressure problem but car still doesn't wanna start... sometimes it will kick over for about 5 seconds but just dies out again and i know its getting fuel an spark so im clueless as to what else it could be, i know a week before it just died it would have a small miss but would clear out in higher rpms im possibly thinking it could be the fuel pressure sensor or maybe crankshaft sensor but im not sure, an i dont have the money to just start guessing.. It did have a code thrown but when i reset my computer it cleared it out an i cant keep the car running long enough for it to throw another code.. any ideas would be greatly appreciated, an car has 133xxx miles if that helps... Car does have a few aftermarket parts has a jlt serious 3 cai an has comp cams stage 2 nsr, an bbk longtubes into a xpipes with catt deletes.. Has been dyno tuned as well.. Did find out my mass air flow sensor is metled could that possibly be keeping my car from starting... But i hear that you can run a car without a maf sensor, but im clueless just looking for some honest answers thanks in advance for the help...

See less See more
#7 ·
. . . out my mass air flow sensor is metled could that possibly be keeping my car from starting... ...

there is a clue here -- did you mean "melted" and if so, why did it melt?

the other clue is, something changed -- that narrows it down to things that wear out, or clog, etc.

it is going to be very hard to sort out with all those mods, sorry but that's all I got

#8 ·
I believe i found the issue! Not sure yet but i believe my fuel rail sensor could be going bad could this cause a no start? But its not the orginal motorcraft it has a bosch fps an wouldn't think this could go bad so quick.. Im gonna assume the previous owners changed it out..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.