• 1 Post By JBert
  • 1 Post By Mac The Knife
  • 1 Post By ONEZ ST
  • 1 Post By bl817

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Motive pressure bleeder

Looking to get a motive bleeder for my 07 GT. The reviews seem to be good online just wondering what people in this forum have experienced. Which model did you order? Did you invest the extra money into the billet adapter? Any other recommendations?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I have one and it works great.

I bought the one that they recommend for the Ford; I forget the exact model number but they recommended the right one. I'm pretty sure the basic tank and pump is hte same for all cars and they just provide different "adapters" to fit your car. The "adapter" basically replaces the cap on the brake fluid reservoir.

I did get the metal cap that goes on the brake fluid reservoir, I think that is the "billet adapter" that you are talking about. It is important to have the right fitting that fits your reservoir. I did have a little trouble getting it to seal the first time, but they provided different gaskets and I just needed to pick the right one. I guess they might offer a cheaper plastic cap/adapter but I think the metal one is worth the small extra.

Overall it works great. It does take a little fiddling to get it flowing well, but no big deal. You do need to be careful that you don't inadvertently force air into the system rather than fluid -- basically, make sure the tank doesn't run out of brake fluid because then it will be pushing air.

now that I have one, I really wouldn't want to bleed brakes without it!

Bizzon likes this.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member
2.3L Member

I bought one to flush the brake system on my 2011, and it worked great. Unfortunately, the cap for the S197s doesn't work on the S550s, so I had to buy one for my 2018 GT.

I bought the Motive Products 0118 to do the 2011, and then recently bought the 1109 adapter for the 2018.

Bizzon likes this.

2007 4.0 V6 Mustang, Victim of Black Ice
1989 2.3 Fastback, traded for:
2011 3.7 Pony Package, Traded for:
2018 GT 5.0 Premium

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Like Jbert says, be sure you have the proper gasket so it seals properly. If you don't get a good seal and are not paying attention you will have a big mess on your hands to clean up.
Bizzon likes this.

----------------------------
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GT Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I also have one and it works great. I purchased the one for "Ford Mustangs" not sure the part # off hand, well the adaptor didn't fit the brake rez so I ended up ordering the aluminum one, its red and it fits great. my only complaint is the hose for that adaptor was like 3' long, plus the one on the bottle and your now at about 4 1/2', that's quite a bit of brake fluid especially if your using Motul or something more expensive. you can upgrade to the quick disconnect if youd like but if you seriously think you need it, just go get some air compressor adaptors and modify. having the pump actually pump brake fluid thru the hose into the rez works great but is messy when your done as the rez is completely full, so youll have to siphon some out and its hard to get the fluid back down to the bottle. I have read a few ppl that use the "dry" method which is using the bottle dry, pressurizing it and using that pressure to force the fluid thru the brake lines. only issue with this method is you need to check and add fluid to the rez as you go. I have not tried this method but will next time its time to bleed the brakes, sounds WAYYYY less messy. its a good investment either way. they do recommend using denatured alcohol to clean it out and that stuff is hard to find. good luck
Bizzon likes this.

Lots of bolt on goodies...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl817 View Post
. . . . I have read a few ppl that use the "dry" method which is using the bottle dry, pressurizing it and using that pressure to force the fluid thru the brake lines. only issue with this method is you need to check and add fluid to the rez as you go. . . . .
Danger, Danger Will Robinson! (I wonder how many people here are old enough to recognize that one . . . )

Like you say, be VERY careful to watch the reservoir if you to this, if it runs dry you will force air into the system which will be very difficult to get out

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member
2.3L Member

When I flushed my 2011's system, I removed most all of the fluid, and refilled the reservoir halfway. After flushing, and removing the adapter, it was still about half full, so no mess, and no risk of introducing air to the system.

2007 4.0 V6 Mustang, Victim of Black Ice
1989 2.3 Fastback, traded for:
2011 3.7 Pony Package, Traded for:
2018 GT 5.0 Premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page