Ford Mustang Forum banner

Raspy noise while moving, accelerating and steering left

654 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Bullitt95 
#1 ·
Hi my stang makes a very raspy noise while i accelerate. It intensifies when i turn left even slightly and almost disappears when steering right. The noise is by the passenger side. Sounds like a hard rattle when engine under heavy load. The car has to be moving otherwise I can rev it all i want and wont hear it. It doesn't even need to be in gear, just rpms higher than 1500 and steering left and sounds raspy and makes my car feel rough and I hate it!! I did put shorty headers in but exhaust leak doesnt sound rational cause the steering comes into play. Also when I reverse hard I feel and hear a strong rattle on the front end. I always thought it could be my rockers,valves whatever. Always thought it was an exhaust leak and even applied liquid gasket on the headers. Also I have a hole in my ac condenser so my ac doesn't work. Could be my compressor making that noise idk. But it's weird the car has to be moving and steered to the left to hear the intensified raspy ticking/scraping noise on the passenger front end. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.