Ford Mustang Forum banner

2006 Mustang GT electrical problems

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  dotskip 
#1 ·
Now that it is getting colder out,I live in MA. At times when I go to start it the battery seems dead and I have to jump it.The battery is only a year old. Then it started to have other glitches such as it will start but just barely and it resets the radio and clock,The other day after driving it for awhile I stopped at a store and when I started it the fuel gauge went to E when it was full and I got some kind of fuel error message after a few seconds the gauge went back to normal and the error message went off. This morning it barely started and it took a few seconds when I turned on the headlights for my dash lights to come on and same thing with the radio.

#4 ·
Did you have the alternator checked, to make sure it is charging the battery?

Reactions: Jeremy Weigel
#5 ·
Also check for water intrusion and corrosion of the Smart Junction Box located in the passenger foot well. If the SJB has corrosion it will cause all sorts of electrical gremlins. Do a quick search on the forums to find out what and how to check. I had my '06 GT for 9yrs and went to the store one day and when I got out the radio wouldn't turn off when the door opened. Thought it was just a computer/relay glitch so I turned it off at the radio. Forgot about it when I got back home, went out the next morning and the battery was drained even though the head unit was off. Turns out the amps were still powered up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.