Go Back   Ford Mustang Forum > Ford Mustang Model Specific Forums > Mustang S197 Forums (2005-2014 Mustangs) > 2005-2010 Mustang GT Tech
Welcome to AllFordMustangs.com. We look forward to you registering on our forum and making your first post.

2005-2010 Mustang GT Tech Forum

2011-2014 Talk | 2011-2014 GT | 2011-2014 V6 | 2005-2010 Talk | 2005-2010 GT | 2005-2010 V6 | Shelby GT500 | Mustang Tech 

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 1 Day Ago   #1 (permalink)
WindStang is offline PONY Member

WindStang's Country Flag
Calgary   Alberta
WindStang is on a distinguished road
SCT 3015 Tuner Help - want to add generic CAI

Hi All
I have a 07 GT and have a SCT3015 Tuner. I have installed a canned tune into the car and it runs fine. Now I want to get a RTunes CAI from Amazon and they say that although a tune isn't necessary, it would sure help. I've looked through the cryptic manual for the tuner and it seems to have some Name Brand CAI options but what would you guys recommend for what I'd call a generic CAI - just try different ones and see how or if they make a diff or what? Also - since I understand that tunes can only be loaded 5 times with this tuner then it locks out, will changing a CAI parameter count as one of these loads?
Thanks for the advice. I'm a little leary of just poking around and changing things without some knowledge from others.
WindStang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 23 Hours Ago   #2 (permalink)
bl817 is offline GT Member

2.3L Member
S197 Member

bl817's Country Flag  View bl817's 2 photos
Fort Worth   Texas
bl817 is on a distinguished road
Garage
after I got my new to me 05 GT in 2014, I got that exact cai altho it was from a different site. not long after I purchased a used sct 3015. I think I finally ended up using the tune for the kn cai in the menu. car ran fine but I thought the cai was cheap and cheesy looking and once I did more research it wasn't any better than the stock air box so I got rid of it. another waste of money. my wife got me the steeda cai which I still have to this day and love it. I also went with Brenspeed for tunes, I got 93, 91, and 87. I love the tune and my car runs like a champ. had I have known my car wouldn't be a DD, I would have just gotten the 93 and saved more coin. my advise is to save up to get JLT or more reputable cai. then find a tuner of your choice (not bama) there are others out there but I hear Lito ([email protected] IIRC) is the 3V whisperer but you have to data log and email back and forth to dial your car in, not a big deal but up to you. as far as the 5 lock/unlock goes, that's just for using for different vehicles. once you flash your stock tune to the 3015 and it flashes the custom tune to your car, it is locked to your car, that is 1 lock. you can load and reload any custom tune back and forth as many times as you want under that 1 lock. once the devise is back to stock and plugged into another vehicle and tuned I.E. reading another vin, is then that is lock #2 etc. you can also read/reset "check engine lights/codes" from any domestic vehicle that has obd2 under that 1 lock. say your buddy has a 12' Silverado that popped a code, you can read that code and clear it after fix and not worry about messing with the tunes for your car. just remember what brand your working on as some codes are different but now a days most are the same across all manufacturers. 1 more thing, when you go to update the firmware on the handheld itself, you have to flash your car back to stock, then plug the devise into comp and load update, then go back to car and reload custom tune. sorry for the long response but want to give you the most info. good luck
Advertisement

Reply   Post New Thread

Quick Reply