2005 Mustang GT... Eibach prokit and MGW goin in tommorow, last minute tips? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

2005 Mustang GT... Eibach prokit and MGW goin in tommorow, last minute tips?

well I've got a buddy comin over at 8 in the morning, were doin my springs (got the commpressor today,prokit) and my MGW shifter..I've read the how to's and were both fairly wrench savy..just wonderin if there are any last minute tips ( other than have the coffee ready when he gets there) that'll help with either install..we will be doing both on stands, no lift..feels kinda like xmas eve!!..couldn't wait any longer, it's supposed to be a balmy +2 celcius or about 35 degrees and sunny..can't wait!

2003 GT - KB 2.1 - 90mm LMAF-focus pump, Kooks L/T's, 360hp/375tq, koni's all around, k-frame, upper/lower CA's, full Steeda susp.. 17x9" and 10.5's black bullits with 315's out back. nothin but chrome under the hood.. Goes, turns and stops!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Get some red thread locker for the shifter install.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

get ready to have some fun

PROCHARGER P1SC<WHIPPLE 3.4L
5.0 Stroker Built and Blown
"DEVISTATOR"
Check out my build thread in 2005+ Talk

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008
GT Member

It's relatively simple to install but take your time. Also, make sure you adjust the shortness of the throw BEFORE you do the final install.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

If you feel inclined to drop the driveshaft, the install is much easier from underneath rather than trying to drop in from the top.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

stl always beats me to it. +1 on removing the driveshaft. It's 4 bolts that will save you a lot of headache.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

BTW, I ordered an MGW a month ago and still haven't seen it. I call them every week and every week they say next week.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

wow I got my MGW in 3 days and it seems like people keep ordering and getting them but not you sounds like you go the lick of the straw and got the 1 out of 100 odds of bad service from them.

I would call them and BI!%CH and see if you can get a free shift knob for the head ache

PROCHARGER P1SC<WHIPPLE 3.4L
5.0 Stroker Built and Blown
"DEVISTATOR"
Check out my build thread in 2005+ Talk
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5twenty View Post
BTW, I ordered an MGW a month ago and still haven't seen it. I call them every week and every week they say next week.
took me about three weeks to get mine, they said they couldnt ship for a week, and the other two weeks is normat transit time for us up here..when it did come I must say I was very impressed..not just with the unit itself which is gallery worthy..but just in the way it's packed and shipped..every part is labelled, comes with install CD..very impressive for an aftermarket company

2003 GT - KB 2.1 - 90mm LMAF-focus pump, Kooks L/T's, 360hp/375tq, koni's all around, k-frame, upper/lower CA's, full Steeda susp.. 17x9" and 10.5's black bullits with 315's out back. nothin but chrome under the hood.. Goes, turns and stops!!
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
stl always beats me to it.
Is it because you rode the short bus to school?

1965 Mustang Coupe
Apprentice

Quote:
Same here. I got tired of hearing "we're shipping late next week" so I canceled my order and spent that money on something else. I'll order again later this year.

Rebecca
'08 Grabber Orange GT/CS
488 rwhp and 454 rwtq
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blak05 View Post
took me about three weeks to get mine, they said they couldnt ship for a week, and the other two weeks is normat transit time for us up here..when it did come I must say I was very impressed..not just with the unit itself which is gallery worthy..but just in the way it's packed and shipped..every part is labelled, comes with install CD..very impressive for an aftermarket company
WOW, an install CD? Shoot, I just want some color pics from time to time.

Can't help with the shifter, but when you put the strut back in, let the impact wrench do the work. When it stops, you stop. Those strut mount bolts are easy to break, trust me.

2005 Sonic Blue GT
Apprentice

my only comment is that when I had mine installed there were 2 things that didn't match the instructions. I emailed MGW about it and got it cleared up so here is teh email and the responce. Good luck. You will love it!

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:35:10 -050

Hello

I recently purchased one of your shifters and had it installed today. I was just putting away the old parts when I noticed that the 2 white bushings off the stock shifter had not been removed and put on the new shifter. I am guessing that the installer used the blue caps (?) or nothing when he did the install. I did not notice anything weird and the shifter seemed to work fine. Should I go back and have them replace what was in the shifter with teh white stock one

Also I notice that the shift handle bracket I have does not look the same as in the install video and other photos I have seen of the install. Also the only way that it would fit is with the MGW name on the passenger side. I have attached a photo

Please let me know what you thihn

Thanks

Robert

response:

we actually provide our own bushings now and they are those blue thinghs you see so you are fine. also the bracket is installed correctly so you are fine there too. it must have just been lasered on the wrong side for some reason

regards
george

MGW LTD., INC. - CNC Machined and Turned Parts. Accessories for the Corvette, Mustang, and Viper
4159 mike padgett highwa
augusta, ga 3090

706-793-1770

2007 Mustang GT California Special. Redfire with black/parchment leather, 5 speed. K&N Aircharger, Hood Struts, Custom Painted Gril Pony, SHR Sequential Tail Lights, SHR Honeycomb Taillight Panel, SHR Lower Grill Insert, BMR Strut Tower Brace, MGW Shifter @ 5 turns, GT500 Rear Splash Guards, Clear front markers w/stealth bulbs, SHR Flush-Mount louvers,MAG Mirror Covers, Ford Racing GTAs, painted brake calipers
GT Member
S197 Member

So I finally got a UPS notification from MGW. It will be here Tuesday. I don't think this a matter of poor customer service. I think it a matter of MGW completely underestimating the demand for their shifter. They told me several times that they had difficulty getting raw materials.

Either way, mine's on the way.

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

well it's done..prokit went in super easy..MGW shifter was fairly straight forward as well, thanks to the guys on the droppin the driveshaft advice, def'n made it easier..MGW provides a great step by step video for the install which was quite good..Robert S, mine too was laser engraved on the other side which was confusing as I didnt read your post until I had finished..just took it out for a rip and wow...what a difference on both sides..the shifts are crisp, short and very positive..the nose dive and lean in the corners is dramatically reduced and both me and my buddy thought the ride was nearly stock as far as comfort goes, couldnt really tell the difference at all to be honest..we took the time when the front end was jacked way up to put the GT500 front splitter on as well, install for that takes some patience and time but I think it looks great..to all those who offered advice I'll say thanks..once I get her washed I'll post up some picks for all who would like to see, the GT500 splitter looks great with the elenor grill!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page