2007 Mustang GT, Front end camber kits? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Question 2007 Mustang GT, Front end camber kits?

hey guys, thanks again for all your help with my last problems. i finally got the hypertech tuner programmed perfectly, and after talking to a tech at BBK we got the idle situation back to perfect.

now i have a new question. i just dropped the car 1.5" with ford racing springs but i used my original struts. i havent taken the car in for a proper alignment yet, im waiting for the springs to settle some. i did however check the toe in before lowering it with a home made toe guage and i set the alignment back to those specs after it was lowered. with the weight on the tires both times of course.

but i notice now the tops of the tires are slightly inward.. negative camber im sure you call it. and i was wondering if there is a way to get enough adjustment out of the stock parts or should i go with a camber kit. i know steeda has one but they are $200+

what have you guys done to correct the camber?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008
Apprentice
S197 Member

I bought a set of camber bolts for $35. You will need to make the hole oval to get it back to stock. This is a cheap way to do it.

Mineral Grey 2005 GT, Ford Racing Handling Package, BBK X-Pipes, BBK shorty Headers Ceramic coated,Ford racing exhaust, CS67 20" wheels 255/35/20F 285/30/20R, SCT Prog., Lemans Stripes, Kenne Bell supercharger 10psi 490rwhp 480rwt,GT500 twin fuel pumps,Forged and Stroked block, 39lb injectors. More to come
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Can you round out the holes on these cars? I would advise against it anyway.
Just go to napa and get the camber bolts.
Mine after the same drop was still in specs actually. Was on the very edge of the neg camber spec. But thats where I wanted it for road racing/street driving mix

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008
PONY Member
S197 Member

Enlighten me... what do these camber bolts look like and where do they go.

I'm afraid if I go down to the parts store and ask for camber bolts they are going to look at me like i'm crazy.

2011 Black 5.0
6M - 3.73s - RTRs
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

They replace the top strut bolt

this is what napas look like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	284411.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	43026  

Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr View Post

I'm looking at these GT500 strut mounts (FRPP $66) to replace the stock mounts. After a year my mounts have worn out and make a lot of noise. These are stronger than the stock GT mounts.

Thanks for the camber bolt suggestions, stoenr. You just saved me $220 for some adjustable mounts. Oops. I'm not sure if the bolts on these heavy mounts are removable, though.

2006 GT/RS3
2010 Taurus SHO
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
I'd recommend camber plates/mounts. The OEM mounts are considered single use and aren't very good. These are the ones I use StangSuspension.com Camber Plates - For 05-08 Mustangs - StangSuspension.com

1965 Mustang Coupe

Last edited by stlwagon; 04-18-2008 at 10:07 AM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

I got new OE mounts for free under the TSB and installed them when I put my struts/shocks in. OE ones rattled from day one.
Its like a different car now.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008
GT Member

PM me if you decide to go the castor/camber plate route: I have a set of almost new ones from MMR.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
I'd recommend camber plates/mounts. The OEM mounts are considered single use and arene't very good. These are the ones I use StangSuspension.com Camber Plates - For 05-08 Mustangs - StangSuspension.com
Agreed these are the best.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troon2004 View Post
PM me if you decide to go the castor/camber plate route: I have a set of almost new ones from MMR.
List them in the AFM Classifieds!

1965 Mustang Coupe
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr View Post

One set of tops camber bolts got me into acceptable negative camber territory after my 1.25 drop.

Note that you can do two sets, one to kick the top out, and one to kick the bottom out. It is understood however, that these bolts can't be torqued as much as stock bolts and may slip -- two sets increases possibility.

2006 Redfire GT Vert Auto, every factory option, 490rwhp JDM Saleen SC, One piece driveshaft, Steeda ultralight springs - rear adjustable UCA and LCAs, CHE relo brackets, Granelli front cross-member, Intrax sway bars, Tokico dampers, Hawk brake pads, Shelby Redline wheels and Nitto tires, GT500 exhaust, FRPP 3.73's, Pioneer AVIC-D3 navigation head unit, and Saleen HID headlights. See profile for appearance mods
Apprentice

Thanks all for the good advice! Troon is setting me up with a pair of adjustable mounts, and I ordered an Eibach Prokit (i.e. the same springs found in Ford's handling pack and the Shelby GT).

I have learned more on this forum in the past week than I have in the past year elsewhere. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, everyone.

2006 GT/RS3
2010 Taurus SHO
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008 Thread Starter
S197 Member

thanks guys, i think im going to go with the cheap way out this time for now, just to see if i like the way it handles. im not planning on road course racing the car but i do like to try my luck on off ramps. eventually i will most likely do adjustable top plates.

now i have to go shopping haha

also...im back to square one with my tuning problems.. check engine light keeps coming on again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page