Rear end all over the place...need to reinforce my suspension - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Rear end all over the place...need to reinforce my suspension

I'm taking it to my mechanic so he can fine tune the suspension and he's going to help me out with this problem before I go to the track. However, I thought it wouldn't hurt to have other opinions from all you savy technicions out there. I just had a newly built 302 motor and installed a turbo charger with a tr6060 tranny. Right now im pushing 500hp to the wheels and 600 lbs of torque. However, my rear end just doesn't want to stick to the ground when I punch it. I have Michelin PS tires (Rear- 305/30/19) so I understand that the car might not be sticking so much to the ground because of the tires but I feel like that couldn't be all. I'm putting out a tad bit more hp to the ground than a shelby and that has the same suspension as a GT and I'm sure shelby owners don't have this problem. Right now here is all the suspension parts I have on it now.

 Tokico D-Spec adjustable shocks and struts
 Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs
 BMR Adjustable Panhard Rod
 BMR Adjustable LCA’s
 BMR upper panhard support
 Roush rear sway bar
 BMR urethane bushing kit
 Steeda Billet Camber Adjusters

I will be adding some CHE anti squat brackets in the next week or so.

Any ideas would be appreciated as I am going to retune my baby and bump the boost high enough to where I will be getting 800 hp or so. All that HP however is useless if it isn't sticking to the ground.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008
MACH I Member
S197 Member

You might want to check the bushings on your existing components and make sure some of them haven't cracked. If they've cracked you'll change the suspension geometry and that can lead to the rear end not tracking well. It may just be a simple bushing replacement.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Ive had to do that before with the LCA's but I felt it jerk even if I barely touched the throttle. This is only squirlly when I give it full throttle (it doesn't even burn the tires in 2nd gear) instead it just jerks left and right.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008
GT Member

You may also want to look into using an axle brace (CHE makes one too) to help prevent axle "wind up" leading to some of the "hopping" you described. I'd also talk to Chuck @ CHE about all this: he's a very knowledgeable guy and won't steer you wrong even if it means buying elsewhere.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Well its not the tires falt. its the motors. you have enough HP that the tires can't hold the power and the GT 500s do have that problem. Everything you have is good. The che anit squats will help and so will some drag radials

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
If it's pulling hard left or right I would think there's a split LCA bushing. I had the same problem last year.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page