2007 Mustang GT backfiring with bamachips race tune. What is the problem? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie

2007 Mustang GT backfiring with bamachips race tune. What is the problem?

I purchased Bamachips 91 Octane race tune about a month ago and downloaded it with no problem. Several weeks later I installed a pair of Flowmaster AT axle back mufflers. I am now having problems with my 2007 GT backfiring, particularly when I let off on the gas all of a sudden upwards of two thousand rpms.

I am pretty sure that there is no exhaust leak from having installed the ATs, but I will be double checking on that asap.

I have the 91 bamachips race tune, but in my neck of the woods, I can only purchase either 92 or 93 octane gas. My question is this, is it possible/likely that the backfires are caused by using the higher octane fuel, all of which is not being burned in the engine cylanders (because the race tune is calibrated for 91 octane) and some of which is escaping into the exhaust system causing the backfires?

Have less than 7K miles on the car so timing chain and intake manifold issues would not seem to be likely causes.

Anyone else have this problem or have a heard tell?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
An actual backfire or the exhaust is burbling on decel? There's a big difference. If it sounds like a gunshot, you've got backfire.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page