Possible Exhaust Problems, Got the signal - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jre8806 Send a message via Skype™ to jre8806
Possible Exhaust Problems, Got the signal

So the sensor to the far left flashed on yesterday when i started the car up. I looked it up in the owners manual, and it is called the Service Engine Soon Indicator. This is what i got out of reading it.

Service Engine Soon: The Service
Engine Soon indicator light
illuminates when the ignition is first turned to the ON position to check the bulb. Solid illumination after the engine is started indicates the On Board Diagnostics System (OBD-II) has detected a malfunction. Refer to On board diagnostics (OBD-II) in the Maintenance and Specifications chapter. If the light is blinking, engine misfire is occurring which could damage your catalytic converter. Drive in a moderate fashion (avoid heavy acceleration and deceleration) and have your vehicle serviced immediately.

After reading further into the system, it says it could be an emmissions/exhaust problem or the catylac converter (I have an offroad X pipe).

Now Today, I get into the car and I use my predator's diagnostics tool, and it displayed these codes:

P0133: 02 Circuit Slow Response
P1000: OBD Systems Readiness
P2006: Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed
P2007: Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed

So after I diagnosed it, I pressed the "Clear trouble Codes" button. Then I reflashed the diablo predator and displayed the trouble codes and there were none. I started the car and the light never came back on.

So i guess my questions are: Is the problem (including trouble codes) still there? What do you think this can be if it is anything at all anymore? Is it something I can fix or get someone to besides the dealership? Thanks in advance to the ford gurus!

I will be glad to say this has been the only issue I've ever had with the car ever since I bought it a year and a half ago.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by jre8806; 07-14-2008 at 05:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

I have had the 133 a couple time because I have L/T headers and my 02s are farther away from the heads.
As for the 2006+7 means the CMCVs are not working (opening) or slow to open.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
If the P2006 returns, you've likely got a damaged IMRC actuator or solenoid.

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

ok, i went to just check and got no trouble codes as of yet. on the 113 comment, I have steeda CMCV plates, theres nothing in the center, just bare holes straight to the intake. and stl, if the code were to come back, how long would it take and is it something under warranty? so far i seem to be within the warranty.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" -Ralph Waldo Emerson
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jre8806 View Post
ok, i went to just check and got no trouble codes as of yet. on the 113 comment, I have steeda CMCV plates, theres nothing in the center, just bare holes straight to the intake. and stl, if the code were to come back, how long would it take and is it something under warranty? so far i seem to be within the warranty.
That's right, I forgot you had the plates. Probably just a fluke.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

So u think this whole thing is a fluke? I think I am going to wait it out and see if the problem comes back. Think I might go to DynoJoe and see if I can get a new dyno tune from it (since i hadnt got it dyno tuned for the plates), and tell him this scenario and see what he thinks.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Thanks btw you guys for helping me out. another thing i have in debt to you guys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page