Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2005-2010 Mustang GT Tech (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-gt-tech/)
-   -   Just installed Pro 5.0 and FRPP Stingers on 2005 Mustang GT (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-gt-tech/125436-just-installed-pro-5-0-frpp-stingers-2005-mustang-gt.html)

stlwagon 07-14-2008 10:18 PM

852 Attachment(s)
Glad you like them! Did you install the shifter on jackstands? I had a lift and it still was a pain to install.

jaja6009 07-14-2008 10:19 PM

Just installed Pro 5.0 and FRPP Stingers on 2005 Mustang GT

I finally am on vacation and had some time to bolt on my goodies that have been sitting in the garage for some time. The Pro-5.0 shifter was a pain in the but ( the hex nuts took forever to tighten). The shifter is great though. It doesnt feels as good as my Pro 5.0 did in my 94 but it is still a really great shifter. While under the car I really did get a good look at the exhaust and stock it is a pretty decent looking system. Which brings me to my next mod I installed. FRPP Stingers. They went on pretty quick.(I need to line up the passenger side in the middle more). The sound is better than what I thought it would be. Its not too loud and the drone I hear people say it has wasnt too noticable to me. The tips look incredible. After this I drove around for about 2 hours ( Gas prices suck) and took the car through a tunnel and man that thing sounded sweet in that tunnel. Stlwagon you always say that you like the Stingers and man you are right. They are really deep and have a nice constant rumble. I almost bought the GTA's and man am I glad I didnt. Thanks to all as I chose all of my mods from reading these forums and hearing what everyone has to say about different parts.

Bman08 07-14-2008 10:20 PM

I just put on the stingers because i've never heard anything bad about them. I love mine the sound is exactly what i'm looking for.

jaja6009 07-14-2008 10:33 PM

Believe it or not I had car ramps and there was just enough room for me to crawl under there. Thank God Im wirey. I found the Stingers on Late Model Restoration for $400 so I had to grab em. I think its my 2nd favorite mod after the CAI. I forgot how addicting this modding is. Im already plotting how to pay for a Saleen blower. My quest for a 500ish crankhp Mustang is nearing its climatic ending.