Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2005-2010 Mustang GT Tech (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-gt-tech/)
-   -   Having some problems with my Mustang GT (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-gt-tech/137771-having-some-problems-my-mustang-gt.html)

tonybam 10-07-2008 10:35 AM

Having some problems with my Mustang GT

Here are some problems I am having in my Mustang

1) The interior Light is always on. For the last couple of days I am facing this problem. The Interior Light is not switching off no matter what i do.

2) Getting "clunk" noises when shifting from P-R-N-D. They are around for sometime..

3) Noises in slow speed maneuvers. I am getting noises in slow speed turning, seems no be coming from Brakes or Suspensions. Had taken twice to the Dealer for this. They did a test drive, kept the car for 2 days, They said that they have lubricated and reffited the suspensions, and also the brakes.. It was Ok but just for few days.. Now they are back..

4) Brake Vibrations at High speed Braking
( 100 mph Plus ).. Told the Dealer about it. They grinded the Discs.. but the problem is not gone..

Any Advices..?

kenneth 10-07-2008 10:50 AM

What year is your car?
Did you but it New or Used?

tonybam 10-07-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenneth (Post 1201479)
What year is your car?
Did you but it New or Used?

Its is 2006 Mustang GT Conv. I bought it couple of months back..

tonybam 10-07-2008 11:00 AM

The First issue of lights is solved.. I was just Stupid not to notice the Dial for interior Light adjustment was on Max..

kenneth 10-07-2008 11:11 AM

2) could be from broken bushing on one of the control arms, or Rear gears.
3)rubbing issues with front tires being too big?

Maybe a couple things to look into.

stlwagon 10-07-2008 12:24 PM

852 Attachment(s)
Is the 'slow speed' noise a grinding sound?

tonybam 10-07-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlwagon (Post 1201549)
Is the 'slow speed' noise a grinding sound?

No.. its its more like "kat-tak" (cant explain exactly)..

tonybam 10-07-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenneth (Post 1201491)
2) could be from broken bushing on one of the control arms, or Rear gears.
3)rubbing issues with front tires being too big?

Maybe a couple things to look into.

The Tires are Stock...

A7X1031 10-07-2008 06:47 PM

Mine makes a clunk noise when I turn sharply sometimes at low speeds too. No idea what it is. Curious myself now actually.

Mtech9 10-07-2008 11:56 PM

the noise on turns is probably the strut mounts. slow turns, over speed bumps stuff like that. there is a tsb on it. the clunking is probably from the 2 piece drive shaft, you should hear it in a manual transmission car. this is assuming that you don't have a bad u-joint. as for the brakes, you need to replace the front rotors. some times there is a defect in the casting that doesn't show up until the rotor is heated.

2006 RF Mustang 10-08-2008 02:31 AM

there is a tsb on slow turn maneuvers, it's the rear diffrential. I had that and the dealer fixed it by replacing something but i can't remember what it is.
Shifting noises, i have that too but i have no clue what it is. I told the dealer a couple of times but they said it was normal, go figure!! It might be the driveshaft because of the two piece design? i'll get back to you on that one when i'm sure.
do you get the vibration at high speed from brakes when braking? if so, i think it's due to the bad stock braking system, it's completly useless!!! try changing rotors, if that doesn't work change the whole of your front brakes. that's what i'm going to do when i save some $$$

travelers 10-08-2008 03:39 AM

Don't forget the sway bar end links. They have been a know problem.
You need to just replace the rotors and pads. Cutting warped rotors very seldom cures the problem.

tonybam 10-08-2008 11:00 AM

So the Brakes and Shift Clunks are common problem and ford is not doing anything for it. Cant give the car 300+ HP and not give good Brakes.
Mustang here is not cheap. Dont understand why Ford is not giving good Product...?

One of the guy who test drive the car at dealer did mention during testing that the slow speed noise could be from strut mounts.

I will get the complete suspensions checked again from some expert person..

travelers 10-08-2008 01:32 PM

I up graded my brakes with the Powerslot rotors and Hawk HPS pads. they work very good. The stock brakes work good with the stock HP, but when you upgrade the HP then you need to do the same to the other systems as well. You can see what I have in my sig.