Having some problems with my Mustang GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie

Having some problems with my Mustang GT

Here are some problems I am having in my Mustang

1) The interior Light is always on. For the last couple of days I am facing this problem. The Interior Light is not switching off no matter what i do.

2) Getting "clunk" noises when shifting from P-R-N-D. They are around for sometime..

3) Noises in slow speed maneuvers. I am getting noises in slow speed turning, seems no be coming from Brakes or Suspensions. Had taken twice to the Dealer for this. They did a test drive, kept the car for 2 days, They said that they have lubricated and reffited the suspensions, and also the brakes.. It was Ok but just for few days.. Now they are back..

4) Brake Vibrations at High speed Braking
( 100 mph Plus ).. Told the Dealer about it. They grinded the Discs.. but the problem is not gone..

Any Advices..?

Black GT Conv. with Silver Stripes / Crimson Red Leather Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

What year is your car?
Did you but it New or Used?

302 stroker, Saleen supercharger/supershaker,3.0 pulley,Comp 127300 with phaser limiters,60 lb. injectors,GT500 fuel pumps, JBA LT, JBA O/R Hpipe,Borla stingers,3:73 gears.
556/487
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
What year is your car?
Did you but it New or Used?
Its is 2006 Mustang GT Conv. I bought it couple of months back..

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie

The First issue of lights is solved.. I was just Stupid not to notice the Dial for interior Light adjustment was on Max..

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

2) could be from broken bushing on one of the control arms, or Rear gears.
3)rubbing issues with front tires being too big?

Maybe a couple things to look into.

302 stroker, Saleen supercharger/supershaker,3.0 pulley,Comp 127300 with phaser limiters,60 lb. injectors,GT500 fuel pumps, JBA LT, JBA O/R Hpipe,Borla stingers,3:73 gears.
556/487
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Is the 'slow speed' noise a grinding sound?

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Is the 'slow speed' noise a grinding sound?
No.. its its more like "kat-tak" (cant explain exactly)..

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
2) could be from broken bushing on one of the control arms, or Rear gears.
3)rubbing issues with front tires being too big?

Maybe a couple things to look into.
The Tires are Stock...

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to A7X1031
Mine makes a clunk noise when I turn sharply sometimes at low speeds too. No idea what it is. Curious myself now actually.

-A7X-
~Stang Syndicate Boston~ *2006 Torch Red GT* 10/10/07
Performance: Borla FRPP Stingers w/ True Dual Midpipes, Magnaflow High Flow Cats, JLT CAI, Bama 93 Race Tune, Ford Racing 4.10 Gears, Nitto 555 Extremes.
Visual: Black AVS Tail Light Trim, Honeycomb Tail Light Vinyl, Black Racing stripes, 35% Window Tint, Trunk Blackout Panel, Billet Antenna Delete, Mirror Covers, 17" Konig "Further" Rims, Quarter Window Louvers, 20% Tinted Head Light/Turn Signal, Boss C-Stripes, CS/GT C-Scoops.

the noise on turns is probably the strut mounts. slow turns, over speed bumps stuff like that. there is a tsb on it. the clunking is probably from the 2 piece drive shaft, you should hear it in a manual transmission car. this is assuming that you don't have a bad u-joint. as for the brakes, you need to replace the front rotors. some times there is a defect in the casting that doesn't show up until the rotor is heated.

Last edited by Mtech9; 10-07-2008 at 11:57 PM. Reason: comma
Apprentice

there is a tsb on slow turn maneuvers, it's the rear diffrential. I had that and the dealer fixed it by replacing something but i can't remember what it is.
Shifting noises, i have that too but i have no clue what it is. I told the dealer a couple of times but they said it was normal, go figure!! It might be the driveshaft because of the two piece design? i'll get back to you on that one when i'm sure.
do you get the vibration at high speed from brakes when braking? if so, i think it's due to the bad stock braking system, it's completly useless!!! try changing rotors, if that doesn't work change the whole of your front brakes. that's what i'm going to do when i save some $$$

06 Auto GT RedFire, 3dCarbon Boy Racer Kit (13 pcs), GT500 Spoiler, CS8 Shelby Hood, 20" Chrome Foose Nitrous, Steeda Carbon Fiber Dash Kit, C&L Street, Tillman Tune, Steeda UDP, Steeda CMDP, No Cats, Borla Mufflers, Tokico D-Specs, Rear Roush Springs, FRPP 4.10, PowerSlot Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS pads

DynoJet:
287 RWHP
284 TQ
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Don't forget the sway bar end links. They have been a know problem.
You need to just replace the rotors and pads. Cutting warped rotors very seldom cures the problem.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie

So the Brakes and Shift Clunks are common problem and ford is not doing anything for it. Cant give the car 300+ HP and not give good Brakes.
Mustang here is not cheap. Dont understand why Ford is not giving good Product...?

One of the guy who test drive the car at dealer did mention during testing that the slow speed noise could be from strut mounts.

I will get the complete suspensions checked again from some expert person..

SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

I up graded my brakes with the Powerslot rotors and Hawk HPS pads. they work very good. The stock brakes work good with the stock HP, but when you upgrade the HP then you need to do the same to the other systems as well. You can see what I have in my sig.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page