Legend Chin Spoiler Damaged - Need Advice - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Legend Chin Spoiler Damaged - Need Advice

Hey everyone. I had an unfortunate encounter with a good sized stone being thrown at my stang by another vehicle today causing damage to my Legend Chin Spoiler.

Currently it is unpainted and I was wondering if there's an inexpensive way for me to make it look decent again. I expect this to happen again at some point being lowered and all. So I'd like to learn how to fix it up nice myself but I don't know where to start when it comes to this kind of stuff. Any advice?

Here's a pic of the damage

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4926 (Small).jpg
Views:	190
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	53260  

2005 Mustang GT
Mods: Ford Racing Handling Package, O.E. Direct FR500 Rims (Chrome), Nitto Tires 255/45R18 Fronts - 285/40R18 Rears, Legend Chin Spoiler, CDC Sequential Tail Lights, SSInserts GT Engraved Cupholder Accent, MGW Eject Button, JLT Intake, Xcal3 Tuner, Bamachips 91 Torque Tune, Corsa Axle-back Exhaust, Speed of Sound Triple Gauge Pod, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, Autometer Ford Racing D-PIC Gauge, Shelby CS6 Hood, 2010 Style Smoked Tails, DG Rear Diffuser Insert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Since the Legend is fiberglass, it can be patched & repainted.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Well I just pulled the chin spoiler off the car.

Now it looks like just the gelcoat is damaged, is there any way to just fill that?

Any links to a good fiberglass patch / gelcoat tutorials?? I'm searching around as I write this.. But if anyone has a good one to share that would be great

2005 Mustang GT
Mods: Ford Racing Handling Package, O.E. Direct FR500 Rims (Chrome), Nitto Tires 255/45R18 Fronts - 285/40R18 Rears, Legend Chin Spoiler, CDC Sequential Tail Lights, SSInserts GT Engraved Cupholder Accent, MGW Eject Button, JLT Intake, Xcal3 Tuner, Bamachips 91 Torque Tune, Corsa Axle-back Exhaust, Speed of Sound Triple Gauge Pod, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, Autometer Ford Racing D-PIC Gauge, Shelby CS6 Hood, 2010 Style Smoked Tails, DG Rear Diffuser Insert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page