Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2006 Mustang GT cant pass state inpection.

3K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  KEYBEAR 
#1 ·
I just tried getting my vehicle inspected again but for the first time here in Massachusetts. I'm not sure if it is because of the modifications i put on, but that should not be the problem. The only mods i have on there is an aftermarket muffler (like flowmasters), and a C&L racer intake system with the diablo sport tunner. Nothing else was tampered with. They said the o2 sensors failed and something else. Does anyone have any idea?

#5 ·
LOL, I was typing when you posted. :bigthumbsup

#4 ·
Your rear sensors are probably turned off. There's a thread, I think at TMS, where it talks about the sensors and some stuff with the tune that can be tweaked so the emissions computers see all the sensors working.

Easiest thing is go back to the stock airbox/tune, get inspected and put it back on. Take you 10 minutes, if that.

#8 ·
Most tuners disable the rear O2 sensors. I don't know about a canned tune from Predator though. May want to ask them.

#22 ·
Most tuners disable the rear O2 sensors. I don't know about a canned tune from Predator though. May want to ask them.
Why do the tuners turn off the O2 sensors?

#11 ·
i have a curious question that came across my mind... i mean can you actually drive a car with aftermarket cai after returning the tune back to stock? I ask for similar reasons, about inspections test's it would be nice if you could leave your aftermarket cai on and just reflash back to stock tune and then head back home and reflash back to aftermarket tune....

altho im sure that sounds to easy to be true... so there's gotta be a hitch right?

#20 ·
Well the guy at the garage said even if i change it back to normal tune the vehicle has to drive a certian amount of miles still. But i'll look on the tuner and see what i can do about the 02 sensors.

#27 ·
Well I have made my drive cycle and drove the car like 300 miles then got the car re inspected and it passed. So now i can put my intake back on and tune.

#28 ·
Good to hear!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.