Muffler removal..... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Muffler removal.....

Next week my car is going in to the shop for some headers, side exhaust and getting the mufflers removed.
Now I have heard good things about the sound with the mufflers removed...and I even found a video a few months ago on youtube or something that compared the sound. I liked it but of course now the video is gone.

I know this is a personal preference so its difficult to know what sound I DO like. I can certainly add that I do not like a droning noise. Nothing annoys me more than a car/truck rolling up next to me on a light and the thing is at idle but its humming me so bad my ears are bleeding. (do not confuse this with a big block rolling up next to me and me drooling....the liquid is not coming from my ears)
:hihi:

Sound is very important to me so I was wondering if anyone knows of any sound clips around?

Any input would be great as well!

Stephen
2008 GT/CS, Saleen Supercharged

-Stephen
2008 Mustang GT/CS, Saleen Supercharged @ 9-10PSI, Kooks long tube headers, Cervini high flow cats and side exhaust
-450 WHP/442 WTQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009
GT Member
S197 Member

Just keep the Cats on ond you will probably like it. I ran no mufflers for a while out theh rear and it was fine.You will not get drone by removing the mufflers.

2006 Mustang GT. CDC classic chin spoiler,Off road x stock axlebacks,Tunable Induction CAI,SCTtuner. FRPP 3.73 gear,Rear window louver,Qtr window louvers.Shaker hood, MACH11 shifter.
Best ET to date- 11.89 @ 114 mph on spray,390 rwhp,520 rwtq
No more Nitrous all motor now.Don't ask.
Car is gone,but still a member...and Mustang fan
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

yea its sounds so badass without mufflers i got some autozone piping and tips spent about 100 buks to sounds like it a flowmaster or something which would prolly be like $300.its awesome

2009 GT ENGINE MODS-C&L CAI, Bama Tune, Muffler delete
EXTERIOR MODS- C/S Front bumper, Shelby GT500 Rear Bumper, AM L.E.D Headlights, Black OE Hood Scoop, Black OE Rear Spoiler

2014 GT/CS ENGINE MODS- JLT CAI, Bama Tune, JLT oil separator, muffler delete, MGW short throw

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

and keep the cats

2009 GT ENGINE MODS-C&L CAI, Bama Tune, Muffler delete
EXTERIOR MODS- C/S Front bumper, Shelby GT500 Rear Bumper, AM L.E.D Headlights, Black OE Hood Scoop, Black OE Rear Spoiler

2014 GT/CS ENGINE MODS- JLT CAI, Bama Tune, JLT oil separator, muffler delete, MGW short throw
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Side exhaust w/o cats is not a good sound.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009
GT Member

i would leave the cats in imo.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

I would leave the cats on,with the side exahust. I have mine set up without cats, yet I have rear exahust and GTA Mufflers. I like it.

JLT CAI/BAMA tune,moto blue pullies,3:73`s,LPW girdle;Powerhouse DS,CHE safety loop,CHE LCA`S & Adjustable UCA,Kooks LT`S & O/R X Pipe,prothane MM`s,Steeda CMDP`S,Eibach springs,Tokico D specs,Polished TB(by Me),Steeda radiator support,Zex kit 100 shot. Taylor Relocation battery kit and cut off switch,PTC converter,Bogarts and Hosier QTP`S.
11:903 ET, 1.67 60`,111.897 MPH
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the replies and input!

There will be new cats going in with the headers as well...so that's also throwing off my "imagine what it will sound like".

We shall have to see!

-Stephen
2008 Mustang GT/CS, Saleen Supercharged @ 9-10PSI, Kooks long tube headers, Cervini high flow cats and side exhaust
-450 WHP/442 WTQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page