2005 Mustang GT water temp sender location - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

2005 Mustang GT water temp sender location

Hi folk. My wife called me at work yesterday and said there is a pallet in my driveway with a couple of big boxes on it, so I guess my Techco supercharger has arrived...Gonna be a busy weekend.

My question is about the gauge panel I am going to install. I have searched the forum and found one source but the pics were small and I could not see what the author did...I am going to install an electric water temp gauge and was wondering if there is a convienient place to tap into the coolant temp for the sending unit. Using an Autometer sport comp gauge along with their vac/boost gauge. A/F gauge sometime in the future when I recover form the initial expense of this project. Thanks GA

05GT, 09 GT500 Drivetrain, 2.6 pulley, JLT intake, 18x9.5 GT500 wheels, 14" Brembos, 2014 rear brakes, 14 cooling fan, Cortex racing Koni Coilovers, Cortex Watts Link BMR:K-Member, Tube rad support, adj upper third link, rear relo brackets,JBA long tubes and catted mid pipe, Stillen adj front & rear sway bars, Bump steer kit, Steeda shifter, Spydershaft Aluminum DS.
John Lund tune, 568 rwhp, 560 tq.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyalpusa View Post
Hi folk. My wife called me at work yesterday and said there is a pallet in my driveway with a couple of big boxes on it, so I guess my Techco supercharger has arrived...Gonna be a busy weekend.

My question is about the gauge panel I am going to install. I have searched the forum and found one source but the pics were small and I could not see what the author did...I am going to install an electric water temp gauge and was wondering if there is a convienient place to tap into the coolant temp for the sending unit. Using an Autometer sport comp gauge along with their vac/boost gauge. A/F gauge sometime in the future when I recover form the initial expense of this project. Thanks GA
Here you go

Attached Files
File Type: doc Water temp.doc (541.5 KB, 930 views)

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009
Rookie

Warter Temp Sender Location

Here you go. Just as easy as it looks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00727.JPG
Views:	31254
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	72389  

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Thanks guys, one looks like there is a port already on the thermostat housing. Have to look at mine. The other shows a port somewhere on the motor but does not say where it is..Do you know Travelers? GA

05GT, 09 GT500 Drivetrain, 2.6 pulley, JLT intake, 18x9.5 GT500 wheels, 14" Brembos, 2014 rear brakes, 14 cooling fan, Cortex racing Koni Coilovers, Cortex Watts Link BMR:K-Member, Tube rad support, adj upper third link, rear relo brackets,JBA long tubes and catted mid pipe, Stillen adj front & rear sway bars, Bump steer kit, Steeda shifter, Spydershaft Aluminum DS.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyalpusa View Post
Thanks guys, one looks like there is a port already on the thermostat housing. Have to look at mine. The other shows a port somewhere on the motor but does not say where it is..Do you know Travelers? GA
It's the cylinder head temperature sensor on the passenger side under the intake plenum.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus87 View Post
That won't work for him. That coolant crossover tube will be going bye-bye with the supercharger.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I don't know about the Techco, but the replacement crossover that came with the KB has the same plug.. used to help fill the coolant system.. you add to the reservoir with that plug out and when water comes out, you are full.. If your Techco crossover has the same plug, and you are going to put a sensor there, wait until AFTER you have run the engine to temp and gotten all the air out, otherwise you will have to remove the sensor a couple times and it might get scuffed up..

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the tips....I just got home today and looked thru all the parts that came in the boxes. Looks like a pretty complete kit. The instructions are a package of about 60 or 70 pages with pictures and line by line instruction. I'll have to read thru them and see if they mention anything about a coolant temp sensor....Planning on starting this tomorrow somtime....Got to cut the grass first...Maybe I'll put the Techco on the mower and do 6 acres in about 12 minutes!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
It's the cylinder head temperature sensor on the passenger side under the intake plenum.
That's where it's at.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelers View Post
That's where it's at.
Can't tie into that for a temperature gauge.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus87 View Post
Hello everyone, as I have a problem with CHT sensor in my mustang GT 05, can someone tell where to buy this sensor that I can control the radiator fan? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page