Good idea to have adjustable strut mounts? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Good idea to have adjustable strut mounts?

Im planning on putting frpp k springs on my 05 GT but as I understand the stock strut mounts are weak especially with a lowered ride hieght. I was planning on installing everything but my shop qouted me 1hr labor charge to install/adjust camber with camber bolts. I was wondering about installing steeda or J&M adjustable strut mounts on my own, and just pay for alignment.

Hopefully I dont have to pay for adjusting camber on the adjustable mounts because Im not crazy about spending 230-300 bones on strut mounts but if I dont have to spend for 1hr labor for adjusting camber with bolts then Ill just spring for the mounts. Oh yeah I plan on trying my stock shocks/struts with the new springs for a while before i most likely switch to a sport shock/struts. Thanks!

05 gt auto, K&N CAI(off at the time/no tune yet), Mac LTs/prochamber/Mac ABs, Tokico adjustable shocks/struts, FRPP K springs, J&M camber plates, J&M adjustable UCA, CHE adjustable panhard bar, Roush bumper, Roush hood scoop, black out grille, gt500 wing, 315/35/20 NTO5 rear and 255/35/20 555s front on MRR wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I think once ya get the springs out, installing the c/c plates should be easy. I have decided on the Maximum Motorsports c/c plates.
American Muscle has them for for my 1995 GT for $199, free shipping, sale price right now. . I think the sale is still on maybe not.

Yeah you will HAVE TO get the car aligned after the install.

I should be installing them in 3 weeks or less. I have the Ford C springs, not installed yet. So I'm planning on ordering the M&M C/C plates, Bilstein HDs, poly spring isolators, and I'm tossing around the idea of rear lower control arms.

My plan is to completely remove the rear end and fuel tank, cleaning and painting everything, but I might just slap in the parts.

95 Stock 302, MSD Coil/Cap/Rotor/Wires, BBK CAI, GYB coolant hoses, Aeromotive fpsireg, Walbro 190lph, SLP 1, TKO 500, Zoom Flywheel, Sachs Clutch & King Cobra P/P, Ford clutch cable/MM firewall adj. & quadrant, FRPP C springs, Bilstein, M&M CC plates, Urethane Bushings, M&M Stainless Steel braided brake hose, Hawk HPS pads, drilled rotors, new rack. Steeda billet interior trim, Rockford Fosgate /Infinity/Dyna-mat Extreme
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Yo

Did you have to pay anybody for camber adjustment on top of regular alignment?

05 gt auto, K&N CAI(off at the time/no tune yet), Mac LTs/prochamber/Mac ABs, Tokico adjustable shocks/struts, FRPP K springs, J&M camber plates, J&M adjustable UCA, CHE adjustable panhard bar, Roush bumper, Roush hood scoop, black out grille, gt500 wing, 315/35/20 NTO5 rear and 255/35/20 555s front on MRR wheels.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berumen85 View Post
Im planning on putting frpp k springs on my 05 GT but as I understand the stock strut mounts are weak especially with a lowered ride hieght. I was planning on installing everything but my shop qouted me 1hr labor charge to install/adjust camber with camber bolts. I was wondering about installing steeda or J&M adjustable strut mounts on my own, and just pay for alignment.

Hopefully I dont have to pay for adjusting camber on the adjustable mounts because Im not crazy about spending 230-300 bones on strut mounts but if I dont have to spend for 1hr labor for adjusting camber with bolts then Ill just spring for the mounts. Oh yeah I plan on trying my stock shocks/struts with the new springs for a while before i most likely switch to a sport shock/struts. Thanks!
If you want the ability, or someday see wanting the ability to set your alignment at non OEM “performance” settings getting the CC plates is the way to go.

Otherwise the camber bolts are a reasonable solution.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice

yo

How do you feel about the stock strut mount reliability?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page