BMR K-Member Question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

BMR K-Member Question

I have a Saleen SC and might have an opportunity to pick-up a BMR K-Member for a discount. The discount applies whether it is the BMR K-Member with the 1/2" drop or the one without the drop.

My question is are there any issues involved (other than probably needing an alignment) that I would need to be aware of if I went with the BMR K-Member which drops the motor 1/2" vs the normal BMR K-Member - and does anyone have any pics of theirs installed.

B302 5.0L, Saleen SC w/Extreme CAI & Brenspeed tuned SCT X3 programmer, Shelby GT500 Fuel System, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Steeda HD Belt Tensioner, Fluidyne Alum Radiator, Stewart EMP High Perform Water Pump, Steeda Front & Rear Sway Bars, Steeda Lightweight Radiator Support & Billet Rear Control Arms, Hawk Brake Pads, Goodridge SS Braided Brake Lines, Powerslot Rotors, Powerhouse Automotive Alum Driveshaft, BASSANI Aft-Cat w/x-pipe, GMS Coil Packs, LPW Racing Differential Support Cover...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FREAKNAZTY
I have a bunch of friends who run them never had a one issue at all

TOO MUCH TO LIST ......NOT ENOUGH TO BRAG ABOUT
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob05GT View Post
I have a Saleen SC and might have an opportunity to pick-up a BMR K-Member for a discount. The discount applies whether it is the BMR K-Member with the 1/2" drop or the one without the drop.

My question is are there any issues involved (other than probably needing an alignment) that I would need to be aware of if I went with the BMR K-Member which drops the motor 1/2" vs the normal BMR K-Member - and does anyone have any pics of theirs installed.
Mines the 1/2" drop. I did a TKO trans swap at the same time so I really didn't notice anything. There are pictures of mine installed in my gallery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_06142009 028.jpg
Views:	843
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	77729   Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_06142009 029.jpg
Views:	722
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	77730  

"You can't fix stupid"

Tuned by PowerHouse411

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

10/05gt - nice garage! Thanks for the pics. Did you notice any appreciable noise and vibration increase versus the stock K-member?

B302 5.0L, Saleen SC w/Extreme CAI & Brenspeed tuned SCT X3 programmer, Shelby GT500 Fuel System, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Steeda HD Belt Tensioner, Fluidyne Alum Radiator, Stewart EMP High Perform Water Pump, Steeda Front & Rear Sway Bars, Steeda Lightweight Radiator Support & Billet Rear Control Arms, Hawk Brake Pads, Goodridge SS Braided Brake Lines, Powerslot Rotors, Powerhouse Automotive Alum Driveshaft, BASSANI Aft-Cat w/x-pipe, GMS Coil Packs, LPW Racing Differential Support Cover...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009
PONY Member

Thanks! It's my toybox. LOL. Yes it does pic up more road noise but I did so many other mods it is hard to say how much is from the K member. I also used the BMR motor mounts and they are a lot more solid than the OEM or any aftermarket ones. I really like the extra room under the engine for oil cooler and remote filter lines.

"You can't fix stupid"

Tuned by PowerHouse411
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10/05gt View Post
Thanks! It's my toybox. LOL. Yes it does pic up more road noise but I did so many other mods it is hard to say how much is from the K member. I also used the BMR motor mounts and they are a lot more solid than the OEM or any aftermarket ones. I really like the extra room under the engine for oil cooler and remote filter lines.
Could posts some pic's of the motor installed from the bottom side?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009
Apprentice
S197 Member

So, Bob05GT, did you ever get one?

2006 Black Mustang B302 & CNC heads, Comp Stage 2 cams, FB 4R70W, Circle D TC, Moser 8.8 with 9" ends, 4.11 spool, MadMan Roll Cage & kirkey Seat, BMR-K & Extreme ARB, GT500 dual fuel pump, 60lb injectors, Saleen S/C, 10%OD, KooKs, QA1 dbl front & rears, Scott-Drake dbl adj lca, Wilwood brakes, Bogarts, 325x15 ET Streets & skinnies. Triangle Speed Tuning. !st test run 10.22 @132 on foot brake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page