2006 Mustang GT with CAI & tune = no chirp 1-2? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to aiminglow
Just sent Doug @ bama an email, see if he has any input on this.

i'm stumped. i gave it a good try today after the tune has time to really set in. it's shiftin hard, nothin tho. weird

2006 Mustang GT: 5-speed (was auto)
Show: Hood scoop // Side Scoops // Louvers // GT500 Spoiler // Rear diffuser insert // Stripes // Mustang trunk letters // Interior goodies.
Go: JLT intake // J&M LCA's // J&M UCA // Strut tower brace // FRPP Front Lower Control Arm Brace // Pro 5.0 Shifter with MGW blue striped shift ball.
Flow: Flowmaster American Thunders.
Stereo: Pioneer DEH 2200ub.
Oh and of course, the lead foot mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

seems like im gettin a mixed bag here lol. got on it gettin onto the highway, burned the tires goin into 1st, healthy chirp into 2nd. then on another road absolutely nothin lol

Show: Hood scoop // Side Scoops // Louvers // GT500 Spoiler // Rear diffuser insert // Stripes // Mustang trunk letters // Interior goodies.
Go: JLT intake // J&M LCA's // J&M UCA // Strut tower brace // FRPP Front Lower Control Arm Brace // Pro 5.0 Shifter with MGW blue striped shift ball.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiminglow View Post
seems like im gettin a mixed bag here lol. got on it gettin onto the highway, burned the tires goin into 1st, healthy chirp into 2nd. then on another road absolutely nothin lol

Sorry if I sound condescending, I really am not doubting you...But, you do realize that there are many other conditions/reasons that could give you the problem that you are having, right?

For example, I can burn the tires right off the rims on a couple roads I know of, but there are many other roads that won't even give me a chirp(unless I really really try)...you know what I mean.

Heat soak, tire pressure, speed, driving, weather, time of day, etc etc.

I'm just saying that I could have the same exact, 'burnout' problems as you are, and I'm bone stock(with a 5spd). Imo, maybe the problem is in the tune, but it could very well be with something else or a combination of problems

Hope everything works out for you

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clentonz View Post
Sorry if I sound condescending, I really am not doubting you...But, you do realize that there are many other conditions/reasons that could give you the problem that you are having, right?

For example, I can burn the tires right off the rims on a couple roads I know of, but there are many other roads that won't even give me a chirp(unless I really really try)...you know what I mean.

Heat soak, tire pressure, speed, driving, weather, time of day, etc etc.

I'm just saying that I could have the same exact, 'burnout' problems as you are, and I'm bone stock(with a 5spd). Imo, maybe the problem is in the tune, but it could very well be with something else or a combination of problems

Hope everything works out for you
no worries, didnt sound condescending at all. im still confused at to y ive never heard anyone else havin this problem, but maybe the roads around here r just super grippy lol.

post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

ok i know this thread was left for a while, but the outcome is the tires. the ol' pirellis weren't barkin. now i have bran new tires on there. 1-2 the tires scream, 2-3 they bark. 3-4 i dunno cuz i dont push it here in cop infested va lol.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiminglow View Post
ok i know this thread was left for a while, but the outcome is the tires. the ol' pirellis weren't barkin. now i have bran new tires on there. 1-2 the tires scream, 2-3 they bark. 3-4 i dunno cuz i dont push it here in cop infested va lol.
glad to know you found the solution to your problem. and i hear ya about VA, got clocked doing double the limit on 95 once...they locked me up!!

2012 5.0 GT M6 Grabber Blue
300A, 3.73s, Brembo Brake package, Lethal O/R X-pipe, Mac axle back, JLT CAI, Lund cammed tune/Bama race tune, J&M LCAs, FRPP K springs, Tokico HP struts, MGW shifter, 305/18 NT555Rs

2012 Accord SE - DD
Lost loves: '97 Acura CL, '08 Mustang V6, '05 Pontiac GTO, 2011 Civic
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
That was a simple fix!

1965 Mustang Coupe
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

ya i cant see anyone not being able to spin their tires on a gt. but on some roads its harder then others
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleshmcfilth123 View Post
glad to know you found the solution to your problem. and i hear ya about VA, got clocked doing double the limit on 95 once...they locked me up!!
yeh theyre kinda rediculous around here. theres such an overcrowding of cops here that i almost expect them to be waitin at the top of my driveway. theyll get out behind u if ur barely 5 over... heck, once i had one stickin right with me literally watchin me. i gave no indication i was doin wrong, or that i was gonna. hmm, i wonder if that would fall under discrimination...

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed View Post
It's the canned tune. I guarantee an email tune will wake that thing up... night and day difference.

Are you manually shifting or just putting it in D?

Either way... I've got guys with autos who can roast the tires let alone chirp. Give me a call, you'll love the auto tune!!

We just had a bone stock auto trans with an Edelbrock E-Force go 11.65 with our stage 1 system. So we know the calibrating!
If only the tune were for Diablosport Predator tuners.

Snake 42
2006 Mustang GT Premium, convertible, automatic, tungsten grey/blk top, 18" chrome Bullit wheels, C&L cai, BBK tuned shorty headers, UPR off road X-pipe, OEM mufflers, 3.73 FRPP gears and Diablosport Predator C&L Racer 93 octane tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page