not just another exhaust thread - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

not just another exhaust thread

so i have a question i just got my hands on a GT but even though the exhaust of a stock GT is better than a modded V6 i still want it to be louder

heres my question does any one had an exhaust set up thats not the normal route ?

like using an exhaust brand thats new or not many people use

i would like to see if theres a new sound out there

I buy FORD because OBAMA couldn't

2010 GT BONE STOCK GRABBER BLUE

RIP

2005 4.0L V6 SILVER AND BLACK 9/01/2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Just cut out your mufflers and run straight pipes. I like my sound better than any system. I'm still considering running longtube headers. That will make it unbelievably loud.

1969 Mustang Fastback, 347 Stroker, Tremec 5 speed.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemandan View Post
Just cut out your mufflers and run straight pipes. I like my sound better than any system. I'm still considering running longtube headers. That will make it unbelievably loud.
o yea, i too have straight pipes with no mufflers on my V6! lol and its loud. i have ppl always askin me what kinda motor i got. they think its a V8 lol. i can only imagine the mean, awesome sound on a v8

07 White GT Premium/ Eibach Pro Kit/ 2010 GT500 staggered wheels/NITTO 555R Tires/ GT Headrests/ Straight Pipes with 4inch stainless tips/ 5% tint/ Apline sound system.
*RIP*(Dad, Grandpa, Jared, and many others)
*I've learned from my mistakes, and I'm becoming a better person because of them*

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Side pipes are pretty rare. and they sound really mean on v8s. That would be worth checkin out

2008 v6 Pony Package.
Performance mods: Aluminum Driveshaft, Screamin' Deamon Ignition Coil, Red Livewires... and an STS turbo kit with an intercooler,and water methanol injection.

5 psi~ 286rwhp, 331 rwtq

Other Mods: Window Louvers, 2 10" MA subs, 1200 watt RMS Hifonics amp. Tial 50mm BOV.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Two words, BOOM TUBES!

2008 Grabber Orange GT premium, 5 speed manual, 3.31s
C&L Racer CAI, Kooks LT headers and catted H pipe, MAC Boom Tubes, Diablosport Predator Tuner with AM/Bama Tunes

Heroes Live Forever
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009
PONY Member

Side exit will definately be different - and by the way, I like the sound that Borla's make on a V6- most of the mufflers that sound good on the V8 don't sound that well on the V6- so investigate before you decide...
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009
Apprentice

Garage
Bassani O/R x pipe with FRPP stingers(same as borla stingers) are insanely loud without headers with stock gt. Little raspy but I love the way it sounds wouldnt have it any other way.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtuna42 View Post
Side exit will definately be different - and by the way, I like the sound that Borla's make on a V6- most of the mufflers that sound good on the V8 don't sound that well on the V6- so investigate before you decide...
very good point...for example flowmaster 40 series sound terrible on a v6, i learned first hand

07 White GT Premium/ Eibach Pro Kit/ 2010 GT500 staggered wheels/NITTO 555R Tires/ GT Headrests/ Straight Pipes with 4inch stainless tips/ 5% tint/ Apline sound system.
*RIP*(Dad, Grandpa, Jared, and many others)
*I've learned from my mistakes, and I'm becoming a better person because of them*
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus357 View Post
Two words, BOOM TUBES!
YES! Join the crew....You know you want to.

My mod list finally got too long to post in my signature. I must be doing something right
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE6XER View Post
so i have a question i just got my hands on a GT but even though the exhaust of a stock GT is better than a modded V6 i still want it to be louder

heres my question does any one had an exhaust set up thats not the normal route ?

How loud do you want it? Does your state do inspections? Do you just want to change the mufflers alone or do entire system?

If your looking for something different then side exhaust might be the way to go. I personally don't care for it as i just enjoy the look of the mufflers on the rear end. Also don't know how that exhaust heat going straight to the rear tires plays out either. (Also had a co-worker telling me they where illegal in my state but he enjoys saying random stuff so i don't know if its true.)

07 Mustang GT Metallic Alloy.
FRPP CAI. SLP Loudmouths.
Roush Front Bumper w/ chin spoiler, Roush Hood scoop, Scott Drake Hood pins, Roush 1/4 window louvers, Billet fuel door.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrH08 View Post
How loud do you want it? Does your state do inspections? Do you just want to change the mufflers alone or do entire system?

If your looking for something different then side exhaust might be the way to go. I personally don't care for it as i just enjoy the look of the mufflers on the rear end. Also don't know how that exhaust heat going straight to the rear tires plays out either. (Also had a co-worker telling me they where illegal in my state but he enjoys saying random stuff so i don't know if its true.)
Don't you just love how some people spout off opinions as if they were law??
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtuna42 View Post
Don't you just love how some people spout off opinions as if they were law??
if your commenting in regards to my coworker then don't get me started.

07 Mustang GT Metallic Alloy.
FRPP CAI. SLP Loudmouths.
Roush Front Bumper w/ chin spoiler, Roush Hood scoop, Scott Drake Hood pins, Roush 1/4 window louvers, Billet fuel door.
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrH08 View Post
if your commenting in regards to my coworker then don't get me started.
Please, get started

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE6XER View Post

If I wanted a V-6 to sound “Exotic”, and I mean European, high revin exotic but with a Muscle car undertone I would go with an X pipe. You can get very inexpensive GT500 X-pipes (just the X part) from eBay seller greenleafprime. I don’t know how the V-6 exhaust looks like but between a take off GT H-pipe, the GT500 X pipe and the V-6 parts I’m sure you could weld up a real nice “X-pipe. Then run some straight through “glasspack” style mufflers like Magnaflow, Cherry Bomb, etc and then dump them right before the rear axle with some turndowns rotated outward about 45deg. Those suckers would sound sick!

And if it doesn’t sound like you want it you can still add tail or sidepipes.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan09 View Post
i have ppl always askin me what kinda motor i got. they think its a V8 lol.
If they think a V-6 sounds like a V-8 I don’t care what has been done to the exhaust, they are idiots. V-6’s sound nothing like a V-8.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page