Stopping automatic roll down when opening door on 2005 Mustang GT - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

I think this feature can be disabled by the dealer as there have been instances where the windows have rolled down after you have locked the car and walked away. I think it is a malfunction with the "Hold the unlock button down to lower both windows remotely" feature.

2005 black GT premium (5spd) / GT500 front LCA/upper strut mounts / Koni Adjustable (yellow)shocks with Roush Springs / FRPP 4:10 rear gear / BMR rear UCA/LCA+relocation brackets / MGW Shifter / Bassani axle backs / Cervinis heat extractor hood and Ducktail spoiler / Carroll Shelby CS69 20x9/20x10 wheels / MSD Blaster 2 coils / Roush TVS2300 Supercharger+Brenspeed 560R upgrade / Exedy Mach 500 Stage 3 Clutch / Exedy lightweight flywheel / SR Performance braided stainless clutch Line / Afco Dual Fan Heat Exchanger upgrade / JLT Catch Can / Axle Exchange one piece aluminum DS / Silly grin on my face every time I turn the key.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cman View Post
I think this feature can be disabled by the dealer as there have been instances where the windows have rolled down after you have locked the car and walked away. I think it is a malfunction with the "Hold the unlock button down to lower both windows remotely" feature.
You're probably right! Some '05s had it from the factory. He may have a malfunctioning system... Good thinking!

& for the window rolling down w/ ice thing... Epic design fail on Ford's part.

Mustangs
Like LEGOs for big kids
Rookie

My car just starting doing this. Does anyone have a solution please? I'm supposed to be in a car show on Sunday and now I have malfunctioning windows! Arrgh!

"Pain is temporary, Pride is forever"

Black 05 Mustang GT-18x9 American Racing DD Bullits, Steeda CAI w/Bamachips 92 race tune, Comp Cam Stage II, Steeda UDP's & CMCV Deletes, Tociko D-Specs, Steeda Sport Springs, BBK ceramic LT's w/catted X, Ford Racing Stingers

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrH08 View Post
Doesn't take much for it to freeze either since at the bottom of your window the seal doesn't work to great at all and water can get down there. So its not as simple as just an ice scraper.
I find the best tool is an old CD. Once you've opened the door and found the window didn't drop. slide the CD, starting at the end of the door, between the glass and the seal, all the way up to the mirrror. The round CD keeps you from catching an edge and tearing the seal. The window should drop, or if it doesn't, put it down and back up with the switch and it should find it's place.

Worked flawlessly the 20+ times my windows got frozen shut last winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page