2010 Mustang Gas Cap - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Maybe a small rag in a plastic bag you keep in the trunk will at least help when gassing the car. You can put it under the nozzle to keep it from dripping.

As for the rain I would look to see where its leaking from and see about sealing it with some silicone if you can.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I was not shown a dang thing from the dealer, he handed me the keys and said here ya go.

SOLD- 2010 Mustang GT: 91 Oct Tune, Progress Drop, Menzari 20x9.5, GT500 Rear Spoiler, Chin Spoiler 10,000k Headlamps, Head and Fog Lamps Layovers, and Pypes Bomp Axle Back Exhaust.

2012 Mustang GT: Muffler delete with X-Pipe, Airaid CAI, SCT Bama Tune, 19x9.5 all the way around with 275-40-R19, H&R Super Sport Springs (1.7 front and 2.4 rear drop).
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelers View Post
Maybe a small rag in a plastic bag you keep in the trunk will at least help when gassing the car. You can put it under the nozzle to keep it from dripping.

As for the rain I would look to see where its leaking from and see about sealing it with some silicone if you can.
Yeah, that's an idea I thought, Im very careful not to let it drip... just seems like dirt gets trapped in there and leaks out when rain water gets in there... buh.

But I'll try to find if its actually leaking.

Thanks for the tips!

PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdehdarani View Post
I was not shown a dang thing from the dealer, he handed me the keys and said here ya go.

Sorry about that!

I can't speak as to how anyone else runs a dealership, but the delivery is the best part! It's fun for everyone... showing off all of the new toys in your car- It usually takes close to an hour and you leave with your clock set, your radio stations set, your memory seat adjusted for you and your significant other, your SYNC dialed in to your phone and your significant other's, a new code programmed into the door pad, a full understanding of the operation of the syncmyride website, VHR and 911 assist explanation, spare tire use, and I set your appointment for your first service appointment.

You got cheated - I had a salesman that thought the delivery process included tossing the customer the keys and wishing them all the best! ... he didn't last too long

In fact, they should have had you sign a delivery checklist to ensure you comprehended everything...

Next time you are in Port Angeles - come see me and I will get you squared away personally!

In the mean time, call us at 360-457-3333 if you have any questions.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

The local H-D dealer does basiclly the same thing with new bikes. It takes about 15min. and once a month the service department goes over what happens with there new bike service and mod options.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
taken from ford's website

Quote:
With the New Mustang Easy Fuel™ Capless Fuel Filler System, fill-ups are quick and easy while eliminating the potential to drive with a missing or improperly installed gas cap. The industry-exclusive feature also helps to reduce smog-forming evaporative emissions. When fueling is completed and the fuel pump nozzle is removed, the system automatically seals shut.

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I have one of the locking fuel plugs and the only problem I've had is remembering which side goes up to insert it into the pipe. My dealer gave me the info on the funnel so I knew where to look for it.
The only thing I'm wondering is when it comes time to smog check the car, how much time the tech will spend trying find the cap to pressure test it. That is one item that can fail a car. I guess if it doesn't throw a computer code it's O.K.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon B View Post
I have one of the locking fuel plugs and the only problem I've had is remembering which side goes up to insert it into the pipe. My dealer gave me the info on the funnel so I knew where to look for it.
The only thing I'm wondering is when it comes time to smog check the car, how much time the tech will spend trying find the cap to pressure test it. That is one item that can fail a car. I guess if it doesn't throw a computer code it's O.K.
Try marking it with a marker, scratch it or put a dimple on it.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I've been thinking about doing that every time I fill up but forget about it by the time I get home.
Now that you reminded me I think I'll go out in the shop and do it

Oh look, Something shiney

What were we talking about?
Apprentice
S197 Member

2010 gas cap plug

Just bought the Ford accessory gas cap plug for 2010-2011 Stang. Seems to fit well and is just what I was looking for. Only thing better would have been a factory locking fuel door.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangdewd3.8 View Post
If anything I noticed, it's a dirty mess, when it rains, it seems like dirt and fuel leaks out of the back and drips down the side of my car, takes a lot to clean off, anyone else have this issue?
I hate that too. I don't think its fuel, just trapped water and road dirt that gets behind there. If you take a hose and run water into the opening for the hinge of the gas door when its open the water and junk runs out the weep hole at the bottom of the outer gas neck seal. Water and silt still comes out after you drive. This spring I plan get under car and look up the fender to see where the junk is getting in there.
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon B View Post

Oh look, Something shiney

What were we talking about?

"Head Hoon"
2010 GT Premium, 2006 Triumph Scrambler, 1994 BMW R1100RSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
2010 , gas cap , lockable

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page