2006 Mustang GT - Emission Failure due to "Not Ready". - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010 Thread Starter

Unhappy 2006 Mustang GT - Emission Failure due to "Not Ready".

Hi All,

I have a 2006 GT and this moth has been very frustrating as it is due for the state emission testing. However I have 3 sensors that keep reporting "Not Ready" and now after driving this just about 180 miles since the last failure I'm getting a little frustrated.

1) The battery did die over the winter as I live in utah and lets face it this isn't the best in the snow. But the battery has died every winter I've had it and I've never had this problem before.

2) I did get a computer tune last summer, which I'm wonder if that is preventing the sensors from coming on-line or not. The Tune is from SCT with their SF3 Power Flash, and I got the tune from American Muscle.

Does anyone out there think that I should go back to my stock tune and put in my stock cold air intact? Or is there a certain number of miles that I have to drive still and I just haven't driven it enough?

-Stuart

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
after 180 miles it should had registered everything. I would put it back to stock, run it at least 100 miles with lots of varying conditions from cold starts, stop and go, and freeway runs. Give it plenty of duty cycles

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010 Thread Starter

Yeah i finally got someone on the phone at American Muscle and they said they disable the O2 sensors with their tunes.. and of of the "Not Ready" are O2 sensors.. the 3rd is the exhaust.. and i'm betting they disabled that too.

going back to stock CAI and Tune here I come.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

You can get another tune with the rear O2s turned back on for emission testing and still leave your CAI on. I did that with my car. If you drive the car at least 50miles after the install you won't have any problem passing emission testing.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page