what wheel size works best for my 2006 Mustang GT? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

I have 19's on mine they were there when I bought it and it rides like crap i was thinking abt 18's or even 17's. And 19 inch tire are quit pricey from what Ive looked at.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
S197 Member

18" wheels I would say.

06 Mustang GT, red, standard trans.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flostang11 View Post
I am having a problem deciding what wheels to go with for my 2006 GT. I have come down to the Foose Legend Wheels, but I am not sure if I would like to go with the 18" or 20". My car already has a steeda front suspension kit on it, so it sits slightly lower than stock. Has anyone had any luck with either of these sizes, possibly pictures?
I believe the Foose's are only 8.5" wide so you can't use big brake upgrades with those wheels, at least that's what they told me at Cruzin Concepts when I was shopping last year. Remember that 20's weigh more than 18's, but look nicer because they fill in the wheel wells. I have a 2" drop on mine so it rides like crap on rough roads with either wheel size. I just put a set of 20" Saleen's on my ride, and they weigh a ton ! Here are some pics of the 20" Saleens, and the 18" stockers. Good luck with your decision.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	witchstang-saleen.jpg
Views:	2255
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	90777   Click image for larger version

Name:	fr-witchstang4.jpg
Views:	1051
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	90778  

13 Shelby GT500 - SVT Perf Pak - SVT Trak Pak - Electronics Pkg w/NAV - Leather Recaros - JL Audio Stereo Upgrade

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07stangt View Post
I have 19's on mine they were there when I bought it and it rides like crap i was thinking abt 18's or even 17's. And 19 inch tire are quit pricey from what Ive looked at.
19s arent as common as 20s or 18s thats why tires are more expensive thats why i got 20s over 19s because the wheels made them the same price

CURRENT: 2011 Silver SVT Raptor Screw with tons of goodies.

WTB: 2011-2012 Black GT500 (June/July)

SOLD: 09 Dark Candy Apple Red GT (465 rwhp, 450 torque) ... lots of mods...
PONY Member
S197 Member

Stick with 18s. Anything bigger will ride worse, probably handle worse (much heavier), and cost you more in tires. 18s look pretty good on a S197. IF you're into drag racing though, you may want to consider going smaller than 18s.

'08 Bullitt -Highland Green
'09 GT-500KR -Black/Black

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page