Upgrade Procharger P1SC to D1SC ?? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010
"Red GT"

Thumbs up Upgrade Procharger P1SC to D1SC ??

Dear all

I have procharger P1SC Stage 2 with intercooler 800 hp+ ,
What i need to Upgrade to D1SC ?
And how much will be the cost ?

Thanx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

If your going to step up to a D1SC Pro-Charger, make sure you also go to an 8 ribbed pulley. Reason being, no slippage like you would get with a 6 ribbed pulley. You'll also be good to somewhere between 17 - 21lbs. of boost. Big difference from the P1SC, which is all blown out around 13 - 14lbs of boost. If you're going to do the install yourself, somewhere between $5,500 - $6,700. I haven't had to price them in a while, but I would go to Pro-Chargers web site and find out who their distributors are. Then call around, and go with whoever gives you the best deal, Mike. SCT Tuner.

70 BOSS,with a 71 429 SCJ 8.0:1 compression with an F-3 Pro Charger and 39lbs. of boost. Rectangular Tube Chassis, Custom 17" Magnum 500 Wheels. Just way too much to list, but what a ride. P.S. Hang on tight!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010
GT Member

You don't need anything else, the D1SC will mount up to your existing bracket, tubes, etc. You can send your head unit back to Procharger with a check for about $1200 for the upgrade and they'll send you a D1SC head unit. Price approximate, they charge an inspection fee for your old one, a little more if you want polished, etc.

Or, if you want to buy the D1SC head unit outright without trade cost is about $2500 or so from a dealer.

2005 Sonic Blue Auto GT, ordered new
Procharger D1SC
Thanks JPC Racing!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010
"Red GT"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubkap View Post
You don't need anything else, the D1SC will mount up to your existing bracket, tubes, etc. You can send your head unit back to Procharger with a check for about $1200 for the upgrade and they'll send you a D1SC head unit. Price approximate, they charge an inspection fee for your old one, a little more if you want polished, etc.

Or, if you want to buy the D1SC head unit outright without trade cost is about $2500 or so from a dealer.
Thank u dear for the good information *_^
LooL It's very expensive , Hummm i think that very hard for me Because I'm not resident in the United States , I'm from Qatar ,
But do u think i should change the Other pulley for Upgrade ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITLRUN View Post
If your going to step up to a D1SC Pro-Charger, make sure you also go to an 8 ribbed pulley. Reason being, no slippage like you would get with a 6 ribbed pulley. You'll also be good to somewhere between 17 - 21lbs. of boost. Big difference from the P1SC, which is all blown out around 13 - 14lbs of boost. If you're going to do the install yourself, somewhere between $5,500 - $6,700. I haven't had to price them in a while, but I would go to Pro-Chargers web site and find out who their distributors are. Then call around, and go with whoever gives you the best deal, Mike. SCT Tuner.
Thank you very very much for that information ,
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Red GT" View Post
But do u think i should change the Other pulley for Upgrade ?

Thank you very very much for that information ,
You're welcome dear! If the pulley you are referring to is the dedicated Procharger drive pulley, it's already 8-rib so no need to change anything if you upgrade your head unit. If you refer to the accessory drive belt, which is 6-rib, I'd leave that alone if possible. I know from an earlier post you want to upgrade your damper from stock but unless you have lots of $ and intend to make very high HP there is no need.

Just my opinion!

2005 Sonic Blue Auto GT, ordered new
Procharger D1SC
Thanks JPC Racing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page