2006 Mustang GT, water leak driver side quarter and trunk. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010 Thread Starter

Exclamation 2006 Mustang GT, water leak driver side quarter and trunk.

popped my trunk about an hour ago to fnd the carpet wet, pulled the lining and theres a little water in the gorve on the drivers side, so i pulled the side lining and found water in the quarter pannel, ( water is only on the drivers side) is this the air baffle thing or somtning worse?

Last edited by nokturnalstang; 02-28-2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: typos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010 Thread Starter

...anyone heard of this before?

any ideas on where it could be comming from.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010
ski
GT Member
S197 Member

If there's grit in the bottom of the quarter panel trough where the water pooled, then the cause may be the driver's side rear tire splashing water onto a poorly sealed area on the underside of the quarter panel where the gas fill tube passes thru it when traveling on wet roads.
You can easily check if this is the cause by drying out the quarter panel trough, jack up that corner of the car, remove the wheel, and spray water from a hose under the car where the gas tube passes thru the quarter panel. If the trough refills with water, then seal around the gas fill tube on the underside of the quarter panel. Duct seal effectively fixed the same problem on my 05 GT.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010 Thread Starter

wow thanks man ill do that as soon as possible.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010 Thread Starter

i just wanna thank you again man because i looked at the spot your talking about and i can see the dirty water splash spots around the gas door area inside the truck, this helped allot thank you bro.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010
ski
GT Member
S197 Member

You're welcome.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokturnalstang View Post
i just wanna thank you again man because i looked at the spot your talking about and i can see the dirty water splash spots around the gas door area inside the truck, this helped allot thank you bro.

If that doesn't fix it completely you might want to pull your back seat up and check the large rubber plugs that give access to the fuel pump - gas tank. I had the same problem. My dealership siliconed around the gas filler on my 06, but later leaks lead to the large plugs under the seat. No sure what they did, but it fixed the leak on the rear trunk quarter panel driver's side.

Saleen VI Stage 3 Brenspeed 530 hp, Comp Cams VSR 127300, 410 gears, Trufiber 3" Cowl Hood
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page