HID Fog Light ballast Location Help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Question HID Fog Light ballast Location Help

I posted this in the GT as well as v6 form since it technically qualifies in both.
Ok, I am about to order a GT Front End so I can have the Big Fog Lights, right now I have the pony package, and I was hoping Some one with a GT, and has HID's in their fog lights, or in their Pony lights,would help me as to where to put the ballast for the Fog Lights. I have HID's for my main lights so I need them to match.
Any comments/Pictures would help

Thanks,
J

2008 V6 w/Pony Package Mustang "Michelle"
Appearance- Sequential Tail Lights, Chrome Taillight Trim, LED Dome and License Plate lights, Quarter Window louvers, MRT Aluminum Rear Window Louver, 6000k HIDs, K&N CAI, SCT X3 93 Tune
To do List- Too Much....

Winner of $250 Gift Certificate from American Muscle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

i use to have the superwhite silverstars from sylvania and they looked just as good

but where do you have your ballasts for the headligths

i.imgur.com/hlhwCJZ.jpg
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member

I have 4500K headlights and 300K fogs.

Do the following:

1. Buy some NON-PERMANENT Epoxy (make sure around 1200-2000psi max bond pressure)
2. Remove radiator cover and look down untill you stop the metal bar of the inner bumper assembly.
3. There is a HUGE indentation which can comfortably fit slim HID ballasts (buy SLIM HID kid if possible) and most likely enough for regular ballasts.
4. Mix your epoxy wait a few minutes till it gets less runny more sticky and smear A LOT on the bottom of each ballast CAREFULLY lower the ballast into the indentation in the bumper assembly bar and press it down FIRMLY for 2-4min (if you have quick set epoxy).
5. Route all wires as necessary.
6. Re-mount radiator cover.

This way they are hidden and well protected from the elements. Check on the epoxy periodically (every 6months or so) to make sure its holding OK, if it is then you should be good. Its been fine for 2 years on mine now. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
hid ballast location

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page