2005 mustange gt won't turn over - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

2005 mustange gt won't turn over

I let my car out for the winter, I tried to start it would not turn over put a new battery in and it still does not turn over no sound at all.
When I tried jump starting it the alarm went off. Tried to start again still nothing. I have the fuses number 4 and 22 I think
4 is 30 amp square and #22 sits just in front of 4 and is a large silver fuse. They both tested fine. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010
Banned

Althouh rear on these cars to fail...it could be the alternator, especially if you have no sound at all when turning the key over...My alternator went last summer and i have 09... thank god for warranty

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010
Banned
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to 05horse Send a message via MSN to 05horse Send a message via Yahoo to 05horse
haha $300 alternators suck!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcatraz88 View Post
I let my car out for the winter, I tried to start it would not turn over put a new battery in and it still does not turn over no sound at all.
When I tried jump starting it the alarm went off. Tried to start again still nothing. I have the fuses number 4 and 22 I think
4 is 30 amp square and #22 sits just in front of 4 and is a large silver fuse. They both tested fine. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like a bad connection on the battery cables either on the battery itself or maybe where the ground is connected to the frame.
The fact that the alarm went off when you tried to jump start it makes me think this.
Good Luck.

Snake 42
2006 Mustang GT Premium, convertible, automatic, tungsten grey/blk top, 18" chrome Bullit wheels, C&L cai, BBK tuned shorty headers, UPR off road X-pipe, OEM mufflers, 3.73 FRPP gears and Diablosport Predator C&L Racer 93 octane tune.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

If your car has a manual transmission, check the clutch pedal "safety switch"

2006 Ford Mustang GT (daily driver)
other cars
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

I thought the alt was to substain power not used to start the car
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010
Apprentice

im just trying to get a better picture... so all the accessories work when you turn the key on? the radio, lights, gauges move? or does nothing happen at all when the key is on?

2005 Mustang GT
Paxton Novie 1200SL, Comp NSR Blower Grind 2, MMR Shortblock, C&L 95mm Mass/Air sensor, 39lb injectors, Motoblue ignition coils, Motoblue throttle plate spacer, Borla XR-1 Long Tube Headers and no cat x-pipe, Hooker Aero Chamber muffler, Custom LaMotta Performance tune, G-force tires, B&M shifter, Kennybell b-a-p, AEM analog A/F gauge, Interceptor scan gauge, McLeod RST clutch, aluminum flywheel
intercooler/smaller pully to come...
and yes it is my DD
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcatraz88 View Post
I thought the alt was to substain power not used to start the car
It is to substain power but if it wasn't able to charge your battery right because it needs a replacement then your car defiantely would't start cause of it... like they said up above though if everything is working in the car such as lights,,,,etc.... then its not your alternator..
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

If you have an auto trans make sure its in park. you can also turn the key and move the shifter in park. if it starts then the safety switch needs adjusting.
If Stick then as said before make sure the the clutch is pushed all the way in.

You can also take a volt meter and put one lead on the engine that isn't painted and the other on the + lead. You should get a reading. if you don't then you have a ground cable either corroded or lose.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
Rookie
S197 Member

Does your car have a remote strater?
If so give the remote starter disable switch a flick. Most times this will be installed hidden under the dash. There is some sort of fail safe system in the remote starter that will dissable the ignition if the battery is disconnected or the ignition switch is cycled numerous times without a start.
This can also happen when installing a tune (again multiple key cycles), thats how i figured it out.

- 2005 GT- satin silver. 12.92 @ 105mph
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Thanks for everyones suggestions it urned out to be a after market remote car starter I was never given any key fobs for it so I did not know it was on the car had it disconnected and the car started up and no other problems.:kooky:
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Glad that mystery is solved

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in